Requirements for the B.A. in Business Administration
Requirements for the Degree
A. The Proficiency Requirements of the University in English, Mathematics and Foreign Language.
B. The General Distribution Requirements of the University in English, Mathematics and Science, Social Sciences, Humanities and Fine Arts. (The Mathematics and Science requirement will be satisfied by completing the courses in C).
C. Additional Requirements for the Business Major (3 courses) 1. CS 110 Microcomputer Applications 2. MA 198 Calculus I 3. MA 208 Statistics I
Any two of these three courses will satisfy Requirement D of the Associate of Arts degree in Business Administration.
D. Core Curriculum
- BUS 220 Business Communications
- EC 201 Principles of Microeconomics
- EC 202 Principles of Macroeconomics
- FIN 201 Financial Accounting
- FIN 202 Managerial Accounting
- FIN 301 Finance
- LAW 219 Legal Environment of Business
- MGT 301 Principles of Management
- MGT 310 Organizational Behavior
- MGT 330 Operations Management
- MKT 301 Principles of Marketing
- MGT 498 Strategic Management
The University requires an overall minimum grade point average of 2.00 in all courses taken at the University, with no more than two grades lower than C- in core courses.
E. Major Electives Four additional courses from the following: upper division courses with the prefixes BUS, EC, FIN, LAW, MGT, MKT, MA209 Statistics II, MA299 Calculus II.
Approved substitutes include:
- MA 491 Linear Algebra
- MA 492 Mathematical Statistics
- MA 493 Stochastic Calculus for Finance
- MA 495 Differential Equations
F. General Electives sufficient to give a total of 120 credits.
Scheduling Core Courses in Business Administration: It is recommended that courses in Group 1 below be completed before taking courses in Group 2 and that those in Group 2 be completed before taking courses in Group 3. It is required that courses in the first three groups be completed before taking MGT 498 Strategic Management.
|GROUP 1||GROUP 2||GROUP 3||GROUP 4|
|CS 110||MA 198||MGT 310||MGT 498|
|MA 208||LAW 219||MGT 330|
|FIN 201||MKT 301||FIN 301|
|FIN 202||MGT 301|
|EC 201||BUS 220|
Please note that students cannot earn a double major in Business Administration and International Business.