Accreditation, Licensing and Memberships
John Cabot University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (www.msche.org), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, Tel: 267-284-5000.
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is a voluntary, non-governmental, peer-based membership association dedicated to educational excellence and improvement through peer-evaluation and accreditation. Accreditation by the Commission on Higher Education is an expression of confidence in an institution's mission and goals, its performance and its resources. Accreditation by a regional accrediting association certifies to other educational institutions and the public that an institution has been evaluated, meets or exceeds established standards, and is achieving its own goals.
John Cabot University is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in the State of Delaware and is licensed to award its degrees by the Delaware Department of Education. The University is registered in the United States as a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization.
The University is authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education to operate as an American university in Italy. The John Cabot University degree, accompanied by a Statement of Comparability or a Dichiarazione di valore (Certified Degree Equivalency) is valid for admission to Italian graduate degree programs such as the laurea magistrale or Italian first level Master programs.
In April 2011 the United States Department of Education determined that John Cabot University satisfies the new definition of a foreign institution, and is therefore permitted to continue its participation as an eligible institution under Title IV of the HEA, and specifically, for the William D. Ford Federal Direct Student Loan Program. Read the letter from the U.S. Department of Education.
- American Association of College and University Programs in Italy (AACUPI)
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- American International Consortium of Academic Libraries (AMICAL)
- Association of American International Colleges and Universities (AAICU)
- Association of College and University Housing Officers - International (ACUCHO-I)
- Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA)
- Association of International Educators (NAFSA)
- Association of Writers and Writing Programs
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) (Member only)
- Associazione Civita
- CFA Recognized Program
- College Board
- Council of Independent Colleges (CIC)
- Council of International Schools (CIS)
- European Association for International Education
- European Council of International Schools (ECIS) (Associate Member)
- Forum on Education Abroad
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- International Education Council (IEC)
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSA/CHE)
- National Association of College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- Near East / South Asia Council of Overseas Schools (NE/SA) (Associate Member)