As an American liberal arts university located outside of the United States, JCU’s student body reflects our commitment to building an international academic community composed of both full-time degree-seeking students and visiting students that fosters intellectual tolerance, freedom, and integrity.
Bringing together Italian, American and international degree-seeking students with our visiting American students creates a unique student body that thrives in the open, international city of Rome.
JCU’s multilingual and culturally diverse community surrounds us with opportunities to observe, learn, and be innovative and creative, and network.
This community allows us to appreciate what it takes to collaborate with others who may seem different until we discover our commonalities. This will distinguish us as we enter into a world where transnational issues present an ever greater need for mutual understanding and civil discourse.
Total enrollment Fall Semester 2018: 1507
Undergraduate: 1494 (Degree-seeking and Visiting students)
Degree-seeking: 722 students from 80 countries
Academic profile (Fall 2018):
- Italian high school degree students: maturità average of 83/100: 25th/75th percentile 75/92
- U.S. high school degree students: SAT 25th/75th percentile: Math 510/600; Writing 500/630
- Total degree candidates retained from Spring 2018: 94%
Visiting students: 772
- 42 U.S. States: New England (18%), Mid-Atlantic (32%) South (8%), Midwest (15%), Far West 27%)
- Europe, Asia, and the rest of the world: (<1%)
- Students come from 130 universities including major U.S. public and private institutions, and universities outside the U.S.
- Most popular fields are international business, international affairs, Italian language, art history, economics, history, classics, finance, marketing, English literature, creative writing, and communications.
- Average cumulative home university GPA: 3.49/4.00
Last updated: October 2018, Office of the Dean