Associate of Arts Degree in Rome
The Associate of Arts Degree is a two-year liberal arts program consisting of 20 courses (60 credit hours) including a major field and the distribution requirements listed below.
The A.A. Degree is available in every major field of study at John Cabot University.
Requirements for the Associate of Arts Degree
A. The Proficiency Requirements of the University in English, Mathematics and Foreign Language.
B. The General Distribution Requirements: One course from each of the following areas:
- English Literature (any course)
- Mathematics or Science (MA 101 Intermediate Algebra does not fulfill this requirement.)
- Social Science - Communications, Economics, Political Science or Psychology
- Humanities - History, Literature, Philosophy or Religion
- Fine Arts - Art History, Dramatic Literature, Music, Studio Art or Theater
C. Six courses in the major field: core courses of the major (Courses in B may satisfy requirements in C.)
D. Two courses in a field related to the major: additional core courses or major electives as pertaining to the major.
E. General Electives sufficient to give a total of at least 60 credits.
The University requires an overall minimum grade point average of 2.00, with no more than one grade lower than C- in core courses.