Veteran & Military Family Education Benefits
John Cabot University welcomes U.S. Veterans and dependents of Veterans! We are grateful to you and your family for your military service and are committed to providing the support you need to study abroad or earn a U.S.-accredited* degree in Rome, Italy.
The Office of Financial Aid is proud to certify enrollment for degree-seeking and study abroad students who are eligible to receive VA benefits. Veteran education benefit programs may grant students tuition and fee payments as well as a monthly housing allowance, and a book/supplies stipend.
Approved VA Educational Assistance Programs
John Cabot University accepts the below VA educational and training benefit programs.
- Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Post-Vietnam Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program – VEAP (Chapter 32)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
- Educational Assistance Pilot Program (Section 901)
- Omnibus Diplomatic Security & Antiterrorism Act
Approved Degree Programs
The U.S. Department of Education has listed all of John Cabot University's degree programs (Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts) as approved training for Veteran Education Benefits.
Apply for VA Benefits
How to apply for VA education benefits as a Veteran, Servicemember, or qualified family member.
- Apply for VA education benefits directly through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- After establishing VA benefit eligibility, apply for Certificate of Eligibility, through eBenefits portal or by submitting a VA Form 26-1880, Request for Certificate of Eligibility.
- Once you receive your VA Certificate of Eligibility, email a copy to JCU's VA Certifying Official.
- VA Certifying Official, certifies your enrollment and VA sends tuition payments directly to JCU, and housing and books stipends directly to you, according to your eligibility.
- We recommend setting up direct deposit with VA to receive housing and book stipends. Create account on My Access Center.
- To check your Education benefit payment status, call 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551) and select option "0" to speak with a VA Representative.
Enter your eligibility percentage and military status on the VA's GI Bill Comparison Tool to get an estimate of the benefits you would receive if attending John Cabot University.
The data tool will provide the amount of tuition covered by your VA benefits as well as give you the amount of your Monthly Allowance for Housing (MAH) and your book stipend.
According to JCU's page on the GI Bill Comparison Tool students may receive benefits up to:
- Tuition (annually): $23,672
- Housing (monthly): $1,650
- Books (annually): $1,000
Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs for more information about the Post-9/11 GI-Bill, including eligibility requirements and details about tuition benefits and the housing allowance.
Military Transfer Credits
Receive transfer credits at John Cabot University for military experience, training, courses and CLEP Examinations.
Students who have completed Military Courses, Military Training or Military Experience can submit a copy of their SMARTS (Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript), AARTS (Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript) or Coast Guard Institute Registered Transcript to the JCU Registrar's Office for a transfer credit evaluation.
Consideration for the possibility of awarding credit will be given for any course or experience that has ACE credit recommendation.
Students who have taken the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) examinations may be able to earn college credits or advanced standing at John Cabot University. Official scores must be sent directly from the testing organization to the JCU Admissions Office at [email protected]. For more information on CLEP exams and on how to request official scores, visit www.collegeboard.com or call 609-771-7300.
Students using VA education benefits are eligible to apply for scholarships and student loans. Learn more about financing your education in Rome, Italy, by checking out our additional financial aid opportunities!
Tuition & Fees
|Undergraduate Students||Annual (USD)|
|Tuition & Fees||$24,900|
|Veteran Education Benefits (maximum eligibility)||-$23,672|
|Annual Amount Due (out of pocket)*:||$1,228|
*Students may apply for a JCU scholarship to cover out of pocket costs.
|Graduate Students||Annual (USD)|
|Tuition & Fees||$21,000|
|Veteran Education Benefits (maximum eligibility)*||-$21,000|
|Annual Amount Due (out of pocket):||$0|
*MA students will only receive VA tuition benefits up to the cost of tuition
John Cabot University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (www.msche.org), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Tel: 267-284-5000.