Information for Graduates
Do I need to show a COVID document (vaccination certification/recovery certification/negative
test result) for entry to the Gala Dinner or Commencement Ceremony?
No. COVID documentation is not required for entry to either event.
What COVID restrictions I should be aware of?
1. Masks are required whenever attendees are indoors and not actively eating or drinking in a designated area.
2. Persons entering internationally into Italy must do so with a valid COVID vaccination/recovery certificate or negative test result as indicated by the Italian Department of Health. All attendees are personally responsible to be in compliance with Italian international entry guidelines.
Student Regalia Policy
There is no greater expression of community at John Cabot University than Commencement. Guidelines for appropriate attire at Commencement have been established in order to preserve the dignity and importance of the occasion and to show respect for the University, its graduates, their families, and special guests. The purpose of this policy is to set standards related to academic regalia and adornments worn at Commencement.
Formal student academic regalia, consisting of academic gowns and mortarboards, is required in order to march at Commencement and must be worn throughout the event. Students may choose the attire they wish to wear underneath their regalia, but clothing and shoes are mandatory.
Associate and Bachelor’s candidates
- Traditional blue gown
- Caps are traditional blue mortarboards and blue tassels
- Stoles are white and blue with JCU logo
- Traditional blue gown
- Caps are traditional blue mortarboards and gold tassels
- Stoles are gold and blue with JCU logo
- Academic Honors Cords – gold
- Leadership Cords – red
- Service Cords – turquoise
Medallions and Pins
- Athletics – approved Gladiator pins
- Student Clubs and organizations – approved JCU logo pins
- *Other recognized student organizations or academic programs wishing to provide student
members with organization or program recognition regalia adornments to be worn at
Commencement must seek prior approval from the Office of the President.
Decorated mortarboards, sashes, or pins representing students’ individual identity are permitted, barring profanity, offensive language/symbols, slogans, or direct attacks or references to speakers or special guests.
For more information regarding graduation procedures, please check your JCU email or contact [email protected]