Computer Lab Resources for Students
DVD burners are installed on all the computers in all Labs.
Computer Accessories (Purchasing)
Students may purchase CD's and DVD's in the front office.
Laptop Computer Connections
- The JCU Wireless network is available throughout the University to accommodate laptop users. In order to access the JCU wireless network students will need to connect to the wireless network named:JCU using their credentials sent by the ITS office.
- There is one table in the library set up to accomodate ethernet (wired) laptop connections.
Degree-seeking students are given a JCU e-mail account. The e-mail address is the student's network login name followed by the JCU domain, (e.g. [email protected]).
Other Laptop Services
- The ITS department is available to assist students with laptop problems (from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm daily). ITS does not have the necessary resources to fix hardware-related problems on student laptops. They will, however, assist students in finding the resources necessary to address such problems.
- There are a limited number of laptops available to borrow from the library for presentations. Students should reserve well in advance with the library, to ensure that the equipment is available when they need it.
- High speed B/W and color laser printers are available in all computer labs for student printing. Most of these printers are also capable of duplex printing. The black and white printer is always the student default printer. Students should take care not to accidentally print to the color printer, since they will be charged more per page (see printing policy below).
- At the beginning of each semester, students are assigned a limited number of printing credits. Once these credits have been exhausted, they may purchase additional credits from the ITS Department (see printing policy for more details).
Scanners are available in the Secchia Lab, in the Kushan Lab and in the Tiber Lab at no cost to students. If you would like a document or picture scanned, please see the lab assistant for help.