Undergraduate Admissions

Transfer Students Admissions Information

John Cabot University has a long tradition of welcoming transfer students from the United States and around the world. Whether you seek a vibrant international student community, a liberal arts classroom environment with emphasis on classroom discussions and personal development, or the unparalleled experience of finishing your education in Rome, John Cabot University’s life-changing undergraduate program will allow you to begin your international career while pursuing your American bachelor’s degree.

Preliminary Transfer Credit Evaluation
Are you considering transferring, but have questions about how your courses and credits would apply towards a JCU degree?

We are pleased to offer a preliminary evaluation of your courses to help you understand how your credits could potentially transfer to JCU:

You can get a preliminary transfer credit evaluation by sending us your transcripts as well as your AP (Advanced Placement) and/or IB (International Baccalaureate) test results via email to [email protected]. Scanned copies of unofficial transcripts are fine for the preliminary evaluation.

Our transfer specialists will review your documents and perform a preliminary credit evaluation that will give you a good sense of how your previous coursework applies toward JCU’s degree requirements. You should expect to receive the evaluation via email within a week of sending us your documents. If for any reason you don’t have your transcripts available, you can send us your self-reported courses and grades using this transfer credit evaluation form.

An official evaluation will be made by the JCU Registrar at the time of acceptance and included with your acceptance packet. Official final transcripts must be submitted upon the completion of a term in progress.

You may transfer up to 60 credits (more may be transferred with special permission) of a total of 120 required to complete the bachelor’s degree. Further transfer credit details can be found here.

Transfer students are held to the same application requirements as other applicants, with the exception of one letter of recommendation, test scores, and high school transcripts. Should you have fewer than 45 US college/university credits, we require official final high school transcripts and may request SAT or ACT scores. You may apply through either our online application or the Common Application.

Scholarships and Financial Aid
We use a generous scholarship evaluation designed to maximize awards for our transfer students. The Presidential Transfer Scholarship is reserved for transfer students only. Please contact [email protected] for more information.

Please contact [email protected] should you have any other questions about transferring to JCU. 

We encourage all degree-seeking applicants and transfer applicants to submit their official high school transcripts or college/university transcripts via Parchment Services, E-Script or Student Clearinghouse.  Students residing in the US, can also send their official documents to our US mailing address:  

John Cabot University
One Metro Center
700 12th Street NW Suite 700
Washington DC 20005