Gap Year in Rome, Italy
John Cabot University accepts gap year students who wish to spend time abroad before commencing an undergraduate program at a different university. We seek to admit independent, mature high school graduates who are looking for a diverse international environment and will take full advantage of the opportunities that studying and living in Rome allows.
Admission to John Cabot's gap year program is based on a review of the following items:
1. Completed application form
2. A 600 word personal essay
3. $50/€50 Application fee. Please note that only U.S. and Canadian citizens may pay in dollars. Learn more.
4. Official transcript of all secondary school work to date. Transcripts not in English or Italian must be accompanied by a certified English language translation.
5. Two letters of Recommendation or Teacher Evaluation Form
6. SAT or ACT results. (U.S. applicants only)
7. Evidence of English Language Proficiency (Students who have studied in an English language institution for fewer than two years)
8. Optional interview by phone, Skype or in person
Candidates are responsible for ensuring that the completed application and all supporting materials reach the University in accordance with our application deadlines. After submitting your application, you may check your application checklist and ultimately view your admissions decision by logging in to our online application.
Students living in the United States or Canada may send their completed application and materials to either the U.S. Mailing Address in Washington, D.C. or directly to the Office of Admissions in Rome. Please note that you should only send your materials to one location.
The University is open to all applicants without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, or disability in any of its policies, programs, and services. Gap year students enjoy all the rights, privileges and services of degree-seeking
students, although priority in course registration is granted to full-time, degree-seeking
John Cabot University
Via della Lungara 233
00165 Rome, Italy
Tel: +(39) 06-681-9121
Fax: +(39) 06-589-2088
John Cabot University
One Metro Center
700 12th Street NW Suite 700 Washington, DC, 20005
Toll free number: 1-855-JCU-ROMA