Dr. Francesco Ruscitti received a Laurea in Economics (summa cum laude) from the University of Rome "La Sapienza" in 1999. He then went on to complete a Master of Science and a Ph.D. in Economics at Purdue University (USA) in 2007.
Prior to joining John Cabot University, he was Visiting Assistant Professor of Economics at Yeshiva University (New York) from 2007 to 2010. He then moved back to Italy and took a position first at the University of Sassari as Visiting Professor of Economics, and then for a short time at the University of Rome III as research fellow.
Dr. Ruscitti has taught a broad range of courses. His (undergraduate) teaching interests are in Microeconomics, Mathematical Economics, Economics of Information, Financial Economics and Game Theory. Moreover, in recent years Dr. Ruscitti has been invited to give graduate-level lectures on mathematical methods and the theory of financial markets at Tor Vergata University in Rome.
Dr. Ruscitti is passionate about and actively engaged in research. His expertise and interests are in Microeconomics and Economic Theory. In sum, his past and current research involves the use of mathematical methods and models for the analysis of market economies in a general equilibrium setting. Recently, Dr. Ruscitti’s research interests have branched out into Social Choice Theory and Welfare Economics. Dr. Ruscitti presents research papers at international conferences on a regular basis, and he has co-authored articles published in international peer-reviewed journals such as Economics Letters, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Economics Bulletin, Journal of Economics, Applied Mathematics, Economic Theory Bulletin, and Mathematical Social Sciences.
Peer−reviewed publications in major international journals:
• “On the representation and construction of equitable social welfare orders” (with R.S. Dubey and G. Laguzzi), Mathematical Social Sciences, 107, 17-22, 2020.
• “A remark on the continuity of the Walras correspondence in pure exchange economies” (with R. S. Dubey), Economic Theory Bulletin 3, 33-41, 2015.
• “Walras’ Theory of Capital Formation: An Intertemporal Equilibrium Reformulation” (with G. Impicciatore and L Panaccione), Journal of Economics, Vol. 106, Issue 2, 99-118, 2012.
• “Monetary Equilibrium and the Differentiability of the Value Function” (with C. D. Aliprantis and G. Camera), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Vol. 33, 454-462, 2009.
• “Interior Optima and the Inada Conditions” (with C. D. Aliprantis and G. Camera), Economics Letters, Vol. 99, 293-297, May 2008.
Read Professor Ruscitti's CV