How to Apply for Undergraduate Study
The Office of Admissions seeks to admit a diverse, talented pool of students each year. We are looking for students who seek a unique international environment, challenging dynamic classes, and who will take full advantage of the opportunities that studying and living in Rome provide.
Admission to John Cabot's undergraduate program is based on a review of the following items:
2. A 600 word personal essay.
3. $50/€50 non-refundable application fee. Please note that only U.S. and Canadian citizens may pay in dollars. Learn more.
4. Official transcripts of all secondary and post-secondary school work to date: transcripts not in English or Italian must be accompanied by a certified English language translation.
5. Interview by phone, Skype, or in person.
6. Letter(s) of Recommendation or Teacher Evaluation Form. Two for freshman applicants, one for transfer applicants.
7. SAT or ACT results (US applicants only) Collegeboard John Cabot University code for SAT is 2795 / ACT code is 5283
8. Evidence of English Language Proficiency (for students who have studied in an English language institution for fewer than two years)
We encourage all degree-seeking applicants and transfer applicants to submit their official high school transcripts or college/university transcripts via Parchment Services, E-Script or Student Clearinghouse.
Please note that candidates are responsible for ensuring that the completed application and all supporting materials reach the University in accordance with our application deadlines. After submitting your application, you may check your application checklist and ultimately view your admissions decision by logging in to our online application.
Students living in the United States or Canada may send their completed application and materials to either the U.S. Mailing Address in Washington, D.C. or directly to the Office of Admissions in Rome. Please note that you should only send your materials to one location.
The University is open to all applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, or disability in any of its policies, programs, and services.
John Cabot University
Via della Lungara 233
00165 Rome, Italy
Tel: +(39) 06-681-9121
Fax: +(39) 06-589-2088
John Cabot University
One Metro Center
700 12th Street NW Suite 700
Washington, DC, 20005
Toll free number: 1-855-JCU-ROMA