Online Registration

Cancelling Registration

1. Leave of Absence
A Leave of Absence is a temporary leave from the University. Students may elect to take a leave of absence for a variety of reasons, including: medical emergencies; personal matters that will require the student to be away from the institution; academic difficulties, which may be best handled taking some time off.

A leave of absence is for one regular semester and may be extended, through re-application, for an additional semester. Students may apply for no more than two consecutive semesters of leave.

A Leave of Absence Form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office by the end of the drop/add period. After the drop/add deadline students will be subject to tuition refund policies.

Students on a leave of absence will maintain matriculation at John Cabot University and will be able to resume their Academic career at the end of the leave.

Students may choose to take classes at another accredited University while on leave of absence. A COURSE AWAY FORM must be submitted for pre-approval of classes and to ensure course transferability upon return. 

Please note: US Federal aid recipients are strongly encouraged to choose a program outside of the US that is authorized to administer Title IV funds to avoid becoming ineligible for aid on return to JCU. Please contact [email protected] for more information. 

2. Withdrawal from the University
Institutional Withdrawal is a permanent leave from the University.

In order to withdraw from the University a student must clear all financial obligations with the institution and submit a University Withdrawal Form to the Registrar’s Office.

Once students Withdraw from the University their matriculation will be cancelled. Should they wish to come back to John Cabot University they will have to reapply for admission.