The Gianicolo Residence is JCU's apartment-style, academic living community in Trastevere, just a 5-minute walk from the Guarini Campus and a 10-minute walk from the Tiber Campus. The building contains 70 apartments and houses around 255 students. The units vary in size and layout and can accommodate between two and nine students. They are independent-living apartments, which include an equipped kitchen, 1-2 bathrooms, and a common area. It is important to note that the "common area" might not be a separate room (like a living room), rather additional seating space in the kitchen. During the Fall semester, the Gianicolo Residence is an entirely alcohol free residence and houses a number of freshman students.
Students living in the Gianicolo Residence have assigned Resident Assistants, who provide them with useful tips and support throughout the semester. Students can contact the University’s emergency phone number in case they need assistance in an emergency.
- 24/7 security
- 24/7 emergency On-call number
- Wireless internet
- Regular cleaning of common areas
- Central or independent air-conditioning and heating
- Washing machine in each unit
- Starter kit with towels and linens
- Kitchen equipment (refrigerator, stove & oven, microwave, pots and pans, plates, utensils)
- Resident Assistants and staff reside in the building
- Gym and Fitness Center