"When in Rome..." become a regular at your favorite cafe, take in the sites on your way to class, find your own path through the narrow streets of Rome, and most importantly… do as the Romans do!
The Neighborhood Apartments are traditional Roman-style apartments available in the Fall and Spring semesters. These apartments offer the most authentic living experience in the Trastevere and nearby neighborhoods of Rome where next-door neighbors are Italian families.
The Neighborhood Apartments are shared by three to nine JCU students, often grouped together within the same building or areas of the neighborhood. The apartments are located in neighborhoods near the campuses and are accessible by foot or on the city’s public transportation with up to a 30–45-minute commute by bus or tram.
The JCU Housing team supports students living in the Neighborhood Apartments with advice, tips, and information about nearby shops and services. A dedicated JCU staff member is always available to guide students to explore the city of Rome and to help maximize the experience of living and learning at JCU.
Amenities and services include:
- Fully furnished apartment
- Kitchen equipment (refrigerator, stove & oven, microwave, pots and pans, plates, utensils)
- Starter kit with towels, bedsheets, comforter, pillow, laundry hamper, clothes hangers
- Washing machine in each unit
- Central or independent heating (air-conditioning is not guaranteed)
- Free Wireless internet*
- Full access to the Gianicolo gym and Fitness Center, Counseling Center
- Option to purchase meal plan
- Regular cleaning of communal spaces (Kitchen, bathroom, living/dining rooms)
- Access to online maintenance request portal
- Building access with entrance code and/or keys for security
- 24/7 emergency on-call number
- Each student is assigned to a dedicated Residence Director (RD) living near the neighborhood apartments.
*John Cabot University does not accept any liability for issues with external internet providers and will not intervene in internet maintenance. For academic research, students should utilize the wireless internet services available at the Guarini, Tiber, or Critelli Campuses.