JCU Weekend of Startups 2019
Under the patronage of Associazione Nazionale Giovani Innovatori and the Canadian Chamber in Italy, John Cabot University is proud to invite you to participate in the JCU Weekend of Startups to be held in Trastevere, Rome, on 15-16-17 November (for the third consecutive year)! DOWNLOAD the flyer!
In just one weekend, pitch your startup idea and receive feedback from peers and experts. Form a team to turn an idea into a real world startup: business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. Compete for great team prizes!
Check Out JCU Weekend of Startups 2018
Your idea matters
On Friday afternoon you can pitch your idea or just listen to others' ideas before forming your team. Then together with your team, you'll take this idea and RUN! You'll receive lots of mentoring and coaching from experienced entrepreneurs, and maybe even start a new company. You'll need plenty of energy and a team player attitude to excel throughout the weekend, which culminates with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders for great team prizes! Bring your laptop too!
Prizes - approx. €50K total value!
• sponsored by CRMpartners: €16,000 total value; ZOHO ONE software package (48 business apps), Quickstar consulting
package for the top three teams and at CRM's discretion, for a standout team a possible
• sponsored by KPMG: €1,000 cash prize to the winning team;
• sponsored by Starting Finance Deal: €500 cash prize; financial consulting towards a business plan to the value of €5,000; possibility to pitch at Starting Finance Deal Club;
• sponsored by Luiss EnLabs/LVenture: consulting with their investment evaluation team for the winning team;
• sponsored by TIM WCAP: 3 months co-working space and consulting from their Rome-based team;
• sponsored by BizPlace: €4,000 total value in business planning;
• sponsored by Heroes: ticket to the Heroes innovation festival to 1 person in every team; 1 team ticket for the festival (4 tickets); 1 exhibit ticket for the festival to a team (4 tickets + exhibition desk); 1 equity crowdfunding consultancy;
• sponsored by Romics: ticket to the Romics festival (2-5 April 2020) to 1 person in every team; 1 exhibit table to the Romics 2020 to a team and presentation slot in the festival program; business placement/enhancement meeting with authors, publishing houses and companies of their network; advertisement space on their 2020 festival catalogue for a chosen team;
• sponsored by Jump by Uber: 100 Free JUMP Trips (€1K JUMP CREDITS) for up to 5 team members for the most sustainable startup project (€5,000 total value);
• sponsored by Amazon Web Services: €5000 AWS credits for winning team, €1000 AWS credits each for 2nd & 3rd teams (€7,000 total value);
Your ticket includes
6 delicious meals (and plenty of coffee) over the weekend (2 dinners, 2 breakfasts,
and 2 lunches)
Benefits and discounts from our local and global partners
Mentorship and coaching throughout the weekend
Great new contacts of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs from all over the world
Event T-shirt sponsored by BizPlace
We're able to offer all this thanks to local and national sponsors, passionate about youth entrepreneurship and innovation.
Still have questions? Reach out to us at [email protected]
YOUR JCU WEEKEND OF STARTUPS ORGANIZING TEAM
|Silvia Pulino||Joanne Bergamin||Riccardo Maiolini||Costanza Cicero|
Simone Ridolfi is the CEO and co-founder of Moovenda, the first Italian food delivery company, for which he raised more than 2M of funds.
MEET THE JUDGES
|Roberto Sfoglietta||Gabriele Ferrieri||Marcella Balistreri||Federico Palmieri|
|Jose Salgado||Matteo Tanzilli||Armando De Lucia|
MEET THE COACHES
JCU WEEKEND OF STARTUPS SCHEDULE – 15-16-17 November 2019
Friday November 15th (JCU Guarini Campus, 233 Via della Lungara, Rome)
6:00 PM - Registration
6:30 PM - Official Opening by Dr. Greg French, Australian Ambassador to Italy, San Marino, Albania and Libya
6:45 PM - Welcome by our Facilitator Simone Ridolfi; Intro speakers, coaches and community leaders
7:00 PM - Pitches Start
7:30 PM - Voting: Attendees vote for the top pitches
8:00 PM - Dinner by Hummustown & Networking: Eat, share ideas, get to know participants
9:00 PM - Form Teams
9:30 PM - Begin Work: Start to formalize teams and take an inventory of skills
11:00 PM - GO HOME!
Saturday November 16th (JCU Guarini Campus, 233 Via della Lungara, Rome)
9:00 AM - Breakfast
9:30 AM - Begin Work: Teams formed and setting up workspace for the weekend
12:30 PM - Lunch offered by OFFLUNCH!
1:30 PM - Check in: After-lunch check-in, status reports, call for help
2:00 PM - Coach Meetings: Coaches help teams one-on-one.
7:00 PM - Dinner: enjoy poke bowls by The Coffee Pot
8:00 PM - Check in: After-dinner check-in, status reports, call for help
10:30 PM - Wrap-up and 11:00 pm GO HOME!
Sunday November 17th (JCU Guarini Campus, 233 Via della Lungara, Rome)
9:00 AM - Breakfast
9:30 AM - Presentation Prep & Tech Check
11:30 AM - Final Presentations
12:30 PM - Judging & Awarding of PRIZES
1:00 PM - Silicon Drinkabout Rome AFTERPARTY, with Ciù Ciù wines and Alle Fratte di Trastevere bagels! GO HOME!
THANKS TO OUR EVENT PATRONS, SPONSORS & SUPPORTERS