Veteran & Military Family Education Benefits
John Cabot University welcomes U.S. Veterans and dependents of Veterans! We are grateful to you and your family for your military service and are committed to providing the support you need to study abroad or earn a U.S.-accredited* degree in Rome. JCU is proud to certify enrollment to veterans studying on the GI Bill. The GI Bill offers education benefit programs that may grant tuition and fee payments, a monthly housing allowance, and a book and supplies stipend.
Approved educational assistance programs
- Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Post-Vietnam Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program – VEAP (Chapter 32)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
- Educational Assistance Pilot Program (Section 901)
- Omnibus Diplomatic Security & Antiterrorism Act
Approved Degree Programs
Art History, BA
Art History, MA
Business Administration, BA
Classical Studies, BA
Economics & Finance, BA
English Literature, BA
Humanistic Studies, BA
International Affairs, BA
International Business, BA
Italian Studies, BA
Political Science, BA
Veteran Education Benefits
Find out how to apply for VA education benefits as a Veteran, Servicemember, or qualified family member.
- Apply for VA education benefits directly through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- After establishing VA benefit eligibility, apply for Certificate of Eligibility, through eBenefits portal or by submitting a VA Form 26-1880, Request for Certificate of Eligibility.
- Once you receive VA Certificate of Eligibility, email a copy to JCU's VA Certifying Official at [email protected].
- VA Certifying Official, certifies your enrollment and VA sends tuition payments directly to JCU, and housing and books stipends directly to you, according to your eligibility.
- We recommend setting up direct deposit with VA to receive housing and book stipends. Create account on My Access Center.
- To check your Education benefit payment status, call 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551) and select option "0" to speak with a VA Representative.
Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs for more information about the Post-9/11 GI-Bill, including eligibility requirements and details about tuition benefits and the housing allowance.
Students who have completed Military Courses, Military Training or Military Experience can submit a copy of their SMARTS (Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript), AARTS (Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript) or Coast Guard Institute Registered Transcript to the JCU Registrar's Office for a transfer credit evaluation.
Consideration for the possibility of awarding credit will be given for any course or experience that has ACE credit recommendation.
Students who have taken the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) examinations may be able to earn college credits or advanced standing at John Cabot University. Official scores must be sent directly from the testing organization to the JCU Admissions Office at [email protected]. For more information on CLEP exams and on how to request official scores, visit www.collegeboard.com or call 609-771-7300.
Students at JCU using VA education benefits are also eligible to apply for scholarships and student loans. To learn more about financing your education in Rome, Italy, check out our additional financial aid opportunities!
*John Cabot University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (www.msche.org), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Tel: 267-284-5000.