Bachelor of Arts in Psychological Science in Rome
Beginning in Fall 2020
The Bachelor of Arts in Psychological Science provides a solid base for the scientific study of individual and group behavior and mental processes within a liberal arts curriculum. It allows students to gain the discipline-specific knowledge essential to pursue further studies in Psychology and related fields (e.g., social work, education, business). It also allows students to develop and hone interpersonal, analytical, quantitative, and communications skills that can be employed in a variety of domains, from social services to science journalism, to sales and advertising.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEGREE
A. The Proficiency Requirements of the University in English, Mathematics, and Foreign Language.
B. The General Distribution Requirements of the University in English, Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences, Humanities and Fine Arts.
C. Core Courses
- PS 101 Introduction to Psychology
- PS 208 Introduction to Statistical Analyses of Psychological Data
- PS 210 Introduction to Research Methods
- PS 307 Cognitive Psychology
- PS 370 Psychobiology
- PS 320 Developmental Psychology
- PS 334 Social Psychology
- Two PS courses from two of four areas: Cognitive, Psychobiological, Developmental, and Sociocultural
- One PS coursefrom one of three areas: Clinical Psychology, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Educational Psychology
- PS 480 Senior Seminar in Psychology
E. General Electives sufficient to give a total of 120 credits.