Orientation Leadership Program
The Orientation Program is responsible for ensuring a smooth transition for all new students into the JCU Community. Our carefully selected and trained Orientation Leaders and Skippers play a central role in achieving this goal by serving as peer leaders, representatives of JCU, and role models for incoming students.
Applications for Summer and Fall 19 Semester are now closed. For more information, please contact [email protected]
"As an OL/Skipper I am really proud of the fact that so many students I came into contact with still remember what I told them and thank me for the good job I did, even after Orientation is over. It is a very rewarding experience!" -Camilla Di Pietro (Class of 2015)
ORIENTATION PROGRAM GOALS
For incoming students:
- To assist incoming students in their integration to the institution and the city of Rome;
- To clarify expectations, policies, and standards;
- To foster adjustment to the social life of the university and to life in Rome;
- To foster active involvement in Student and Academic life at JCU;
- To build loyalty to the institution.
For the families of the incoming students:
- To clarify and reinforce campus policies, programs, and services;
- To support and foster active engagement in the student's college experience;
- To offer a platform to begin involvement in the JCU community.