Orientation Leadership Program
The Orientation Program is responsible for ensuring a smooth transition for all new students into the JCU Community. Our carefully selected and trained Orientation Leaders and Skippers play a central role in achieving this goal by serving as peer leaders, representatives of JCU, and role models for incoming students.
"As an OL/Skipper I am really proud of the fact that so many students I came into contact with still remember what I told them and thank me for the good job I did, even after Orientation is over. It is a very rewarding experience!" -Camilla Di Pietro (Class of 2015)
ORIENTATION PROGRAM GOALS
For incoming students:
- To assist incoming students in their integration to the institution and the city of Rome;
- To clarify expectations, policies, and standards;
- To foster adjustment to the social life of the university and to life in Rome;
- To foster active involvement in Student and Academic life at JCU;
- To build loyalty to the institution.
For the families of the incoming students:
- To clarify and reinforce campus policies, programs, and services;
- To support and foster active engagement in the student's college experience;
- To offer a platform to begin involvement in the JCU community.