Orientation week is designed to help you smoothly transition to life at John Cabot University and the city of Rome.
The mission of the Orientation Program (OP) is to provide new incoming students and their families with an introduction to John Cabot University in order to allow a successful transition into the JCU community as well as to life in Rome. To do this, Orientation offers a combination of both educational and interactive sessions.
Orientation Dates and Schedules
Please note that the University reserves the right to modify the schedule as needed.
Online Orientation – Opening in Mid-June
Schedule – Coming Soon
Make sure to Complete your Online Orientation and all pre-arrival steps before you arrive.
*Please note that information may change based on government mandates.
Please be sure to check out these important links before Orientation:
- Receive your orientation schedule and lanyard
- Get you JCU ID ( remember to send your ID picture before you arrive)
- JCU Housing check-in (if applicable)
- Safety Session
- Immigration Step 1
JCU Housing Check-in (if Applicable)
- Passport Scan
- Contract signature
- Housing Workshop
- RA Housing (later in the week)
Mandatory Orientation Activities:
- JCU Welcome Session – Learn about services the university provides
- Wellbeing workshop – get to know the JCU Councilors and learn about stress management and Culture shock
- Campus Tour – Learn how to get around our urban campus
- Immigration Step 2 (only Fall)
- Navigation 101 – Learn how to navigate Rome with its public transport system
Only Degree seekers:
- Placement exam (if assigned)
- Skipper Meeting – Meet your skipper and learn how to best start your JCU career
- Advising & Registration – Meet your advisor and register for your first classes at JCU