Orientation week is designed to help you smoothly transition to life at John Cabot University and the city of Rome.
The mission of the Orientation Program (OP) is to provide new incoming students and their families with an introduction to John Cabot University in order to allow a successful transition into the JCU community as well as to life in Rome. To do this, Orientation offers a combination of both educational and interactive sessions.
Online Orientation - Opening mid-November
January 9th - All New Degree Seeking Students and Visiting students from the following schools:
• Iowa State University
January 10th - Returning students in JCU Housing, Gap year students, Enlus students, all other Visiting Students
Orientation dates: January 9th to January 14th
Make sure to complete your Online Orientation and all pre-arrival steps before you arrive.
Please be sure to check out these important links before Orientation:
- Receive your orientation schedule and lanyard
- Get you JCU ID ( remember to send your ID picture before you arrive)
- JCU Housing check-in (if applicable)
- Immigration Step 1
JCU Housing Check-in (if Applicable)
- Passport Scan
- Contract signature
Mandatory Orientation Activities:
- Campus Tour – Learn how to get around our urban campus
- Immigration Step 2
- Navigation 101 – Go on a small tour of Rome and learn how to use its public transport system
Only Degree seekers:
- Placement exam (if assigned)
- Advising & Registration – Meet your advisor and register for your first classes at JCU
FAMILY AND VISITORS POLICY
Please be informed that during orientation week access to any JCU buildings will be permitted only to students. No family members or visitors will be allowed on campus.