Rome SPQR Society - Archaeological Institute of America
The Archaeological Institute of America (AIA) is the premier institution for the promotion
of archaeology and cultural heritage. The Rome-SPQR Society (founded in 2012) is the first branch of the AIA in Italy and only the third ever
created outside North America.
The Rome Society is a forum for the exchange of knowledge
Centered on the wealth of scholars who are working in Italy, and who are working with the rich material culture of Rome and Italy, it is a superb environment for discovering the latest findings, exchanging information and discussing trends
The Rome Society is a forum for networking
Drawing on a worldwide community of international professionals and students, it provides the perfect medium for encounters and exchanges suited just to your needs
The Rome Society is a forum for discoveries
Its rich events program allows you to make new discoveries, encounter fresh ideas and explore new or little-known sites – no matter if you are a professional, a student, or simply just passionate about archaeology
Find us on Facebook
The Rome-SPQR Society has established an outstanding program of:
- Bi-monthly lectures in Rome by international scholars.
(Host institutions include the American Academy in Rome, the American University in Rome, John Cabot University, Temple University, University California Rome Study Center and others).
- Student-centered talks by specialists and scholars on topics linked to the ancient world
- Exclusive visits to archaeological sites and excavations in progress, led by experts and site directors
Becoming a member of the Rome-SPQR Society couldn’t be easier – and provides a host of benefits
Click on membership and complete the on-line application.
Select “570 – Rome, Italy” in the Local Society Code to ensure that your affiliation is with the Rome-SPQR Society.
Remember to enter “Society” in the Promotion Code box to gain a new member discount
Contact the AIA Boston office on [email protected] and ask that your membership affiliation is with the Rome Society – that is, with Local Society Code 570 – Rome, Italy
The benefits of membership of the Archaeological Institute of America are numerous:
- Receive one or both of the AIA's premier publications: Archaeology Magazine and the American Journal of Archaeology
- Access to the latest archaeological news through the bi-annual AIA Newsletter, and the weekly eReport
- Eligibility to apply for numerous AIA fellowships
- Opportunity to use the job placement services at the AIA Annual Meeting for academic job seekers
- Networking through archaeology-related interest groups; exchange information with other AIA members on shared interests and areas of scholarly investigation
- Access to information on archaeological field schools, volunteer and staff positions world-wide
- A 10% discount on books on archaeology published by the AIA
- Information about AIA Tours that explore the world's most intriguing archaeological sites with leading AIA experts
- A 30% discount on registration for the AIA Annual Meeting, where the latest archaeological research and discoveries are presented
- An exclusive opportunity to proudly display your connection to America's oldest and largest archaeological organization
For further details see the website of the Archaeological Institute of America
Get on our mailing list to ensure you receive details of upcoming events:
Email: [email protected]
For any questions or suggestions you may have on the Rome Society and its events program,
please do not hesitate to contact the officers of the Rome-SPQR society:
Crispin Corrado ([email protected])
Jan Gadeyne ([email protected])
Inge Lyse Hansen ([email protected])
Massimo Betello ([email protected])