If you are interested in a For Credit Internship, read our internships catalog on the Intranet, check our bulletin boards and our Facebook page, or write to Prof. Antonella Salvatore, Director of the Center for Career Services [email protected]
For-credit internship Requirements
- You must be enrolled at JCU for the semester (or summer session) in which you would like to get the internship
- Internships must be obtained through JCU Center for Career Services (CSC)
- Junior standing (60 credits completed)
- Min. GPA of 3.0
- Good administrative standing with the university
For-credit course requirements
The internship and the For Credit class must be performed in the same semester.
- 20 hours of in-class instruction;
- 150 minimum number of hours worked that is verified by the CSC upon completion of the internship.
- A daily internship log;
- In-depth interview with the internship sponsor or organization;
- A 2500 to 3000 word "White Paper" presenting a position or solution to a problem encountered by their employer;
- Positive evaluations from your employer and the for-credit class professor.
The for-credit internship course is graded on a "pass/no pass" basis and is for 3 academic credits.
Summer: the course will begin the 1st week of classes. Students may reference the syllabus for complete details.
Spring and Fall: you must register for the class no later than the 3rd week of classes. Class will begin the 4th week of the semester.
Degree-seeking students: only one three-credit Internship course may be used towards your 120-credit graduation requirement. The internship course may be used as a major elective. Check your major's requirements.
Visiting students: check with your home university regarding transfer credits. Should you wish to do a For Credit Internship while attending a Summer Session at JCU, you will also have to take at least another class in the same session, for a total of 6 credits, and you must stay for both the Summer I and Summer II Mini 3-week for a total of 8 weeks (9 weeks counting the break in between).
For any tuition-related question concerning the For-Credit class, please contact the Business Office - Student Accounts, at [email protected].
Please note: US Federal aid recipients are strongly encouraged to choose a for-credit internship outside of the US to avoid becoming ineligible for federal loans at JCU. Please contact [email protected] for more information.