For-credit internship Requirements
- Internships must be obtained through JCU Center for Career Services (CSC)
- Junior standing (60 credits completed)
- Min. GPA of 3.0
- Good administrative standing with the university
- It can be done once in your academic path
For-credit course requirements
The internship and the For Credit class must be performed in the same semester.
- 20 hours of in-class instruction;
- 120 minimum number of hours worked that is verified by the CSC upon completion of the internship, 100 hours if performed during the Summer;
- a daily internship log;
- in-depth interview with the internship sponsor or organization;
- a 2500 to 3000 word "White Paper" presenting a position or solution to a problem encountered by their employer;
- Finally, you have to obtain positive evaluations from your employer and the for-credit class professor.
The for-credit internship course is graded on a "pass/no pass" basis and is for 3 academic credits.
Summer: the course will begin the 1st week of classes. Students may reference the syllabus for complete details.
Spring and Fall: you must register for the class no later than the 3rd week of classes. Class will begin the 4th week of the semester.
For any tuition-related question concerning the For-Credit class, please contact the Business Office - Student Accounts, at [email protected].
Degree-seeking students: only one three-credit Internship course may be used towards your 120-credit graduation
requirement. The internship course may be used as a major elective. Check your major's
Visiting students: check with your home university regarding transfer credits. Please note that if you are visiting JCU for a Summer Session, you will also have to take at least another class in the same session, for a total of 6 credits.
Please note: US Federal aid recipients are strongly encouraged to choose a for-credit internship outside of the US to avoid becoming ineligible for federal loans at JCU. Please contact [email protected] for more information.