Requirements for the B.A. in Marketing
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEGREE (AS OF FALL 2016)
All JCU undergraduates must complete general as well as Departmental curriculum requirements, which are outlined below.
A. The Proficiency Requirements of the University in English, Mathematics, and Foreign Language.
B. The General Distribution Requirements of the University in Humanities, Mathematics and Science, English, Fine Arts, and Social Sciences.
C. Additional Requirements for the Marketing Major:
- FIN 201 Financial Accounting
- EC 201 Microeconomics
- MA 208 Statistics I
- PS 101 General Psychology
- COM 111 Visual Communications
- CS 110 Microcomputer Applications
D. Core Curriculum
- MA 209 Statistics II
- BUS 220 Business Communications
- MKT 301 Principles of Marketing
- MKT 310 Consumer Behavior
- MKT 305 Market and Marketing Research
- MKT 304 New Product Management or MKT 340 E-Marketing
- MKT 320 Integrated Marketing Communications
- MKT 490 Strategic Marketing Management (capstone)
The University requires an overall minimum grade point average of 2.00 in all courses
taken at the University and no more than two grades lower than C- in core courses required for
E. Major Electives (4 courses)
Two upper division (300 or 400 level) MKT courses and
Two additional upper division (300 or 400 level) courses to be chosen from: BUS/CMS/COM/DMA/EC/FIN/MGT/MKT, and MA198
F. General Electives sufficient to give a total of 120 credits.