Foreign Language Resource Center
The mission of the Foreign Language Resource Center is to promote the development of foreign languages – Italian, French, Spanish, and German - among students enrolled in all level courses in the Department of Modern Languages and Literature. As such, it aids in the departmental goal of providing courses and programs that build foreign language competence and enhance the understanding of modern foreign literatures and cultures.
Italian Tutoring Center
If you would like to work on any aspect of your language learning experience: oral and written expression, reading and listening comprehension, grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary acquisition, exam preparation, and more – come to the Italian Tutoring Center located at: Foreign Language Resource Center, Tiber campus, first floor.
The free services offered to students by the FLRC seek to:
- Help students identify strengths and weaknesses in the four foreign language skills (speaking, writing, reading, and listening comprehension)
- Assist students in the development of strategies and procedures to enhance and improve their foreign language skills
- Support instructors in their goal of promoting the overall proficiency of their students
The FLRC offers students:
- Individualized tutoring sessions led by the Coordinator and professionally trained students who previously earned the Tutoring Certificate
- Conversation Tables aimed at improving oral proficiency
- Evaluation of proficiency level to apply for the CILS exam (Certification of Italian as a Foreign Language)
- Preparation for CILS exams
- Placement tests to ensure that students enroll in the right course
- Relevant foreign language materials and resources