Administrative / Staff Positions at JCU
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American university in Rome, Italy, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, or disability in any of its policies, programs, and services.
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American university in Rome, is searching for a candidate to fill the position of Reference and Instruction Librarian. The position entails providing instruction and reference services - according to the different levels of knowledge and skills required - to individuals and groups, students, staff and Faculty, developing and delivering services and tutorials that facilitate research and learning at the university.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops tailored classroom instruction in collaboration with Faculty
- Acts as a liaison for at least one Academic Department
- Contributes to the collection development and to the evaluation of the library resources
- Provides both traditional and online reference services including one-on-one research consultations
- Provides library orientation sessions to library patrons
- Uses the library content management system to develop online reference and instructional materials in collaboration with the Reference Librarians
- Contributes to maintain and improve the Library website
- Provides technical support for the learning management system Moodle
- Participates in the daily, nightly and weekend circulation shifts at the Welcome Desk
- Participates in professional conferences and workshops
- Participates in research projects aimed at identifying users' needs and expectations
Qualifications and Education requirements
- Must have an ALA equivalent MLS
- Minimum of two years’ experience in public services/instruction in an academic library
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, and experience in using content management systems (such as Moodle, Libguides)
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Must be available to work on weekends and at late hours when necessary.
All applicants MUST possess valid EU working documents in Italy. JCU will not sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy for this position. Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line "Reference and Instruction Librarian". While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The position will be open until filled, with application review commencing on July 1, 2019.
John Cabot University is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Degree Seeking (DS) Admissions Counselor. The DS Admissions Counselor will be responsible for assisting prospective freshman and transfer degree-seeking applicants from US and non-US based high schools and universities. The Admissions Counselor begins working with the student once he or she expresses interest in John Cabot University. This role requires a self-motivated, proactive, and enthusiastic professional who possesses excellent customer service skills. This role may require travelling if necessary throughout the academic year.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Inquiry follow-up and outreach in coordination with the marketing office.
- Ensure timely and appropriate admissions information is provided to applicants to move them through the enrollment cycle.
- Prepare and process forms, records and reports associated with daily operations of the Admissions office, using BlackBaud, MS Word and Excel, in addition to responding to shifting priorities as needed
- Provide visa guidance and issue visa documents to students in a timely manner.
- Conduct campus tours, run Open Houses, and work at orientation when necessary.
- Help in the organization of Admissions events such as the Ambassadors’ Luncheon and the Counselor fly-in
- Travel to represent John Cabot University in fairs and/or high school visits.
- Adhere to FERPA regulations as they pertain to maintaining the security and confidentiality of all student records, as well as maintain the confidentiality of other documents in the Admissions office
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Education Requirements
- Native English speaker with a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or another similar field.
- Demonstrated ability to meet complex goals and collaborate with various individuals or departments on key initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience planning, advertising, and executing events.
- Demonstrated competency in organizing data and preparing reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (MS Word, Excel and Power Point) and familiarity with integrated management systems.
- Ability to work with an ethnically and culturally diverse office environment.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems, and initiate and implement projects independently.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Ability to work some evening and/or weekends.
- One to two year experience in same or similar field is preferable.
All applicants MUST already be in possession of valid and current EU working documents in Italy. JCU cannot sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy for this position. Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “DS Admissions Counselor”. The search will remain open until filled, though priority will be given to applications received prior to July 19, 2019. While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
John Cabot University is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Housing Operations Associate. The Housing Operations Associate is responsible for managing the day-to-day functions, maintenance, and special projects in student housing under the direct supervision of the Housing Operations Coordinator. The position requires direct contact with students, staff, and external providers, all handled with a high level of customer service and responses. Under the supervision of the Housing Operations Coordinator, the candidate will collaborate with the Office of Housing to ensure the services in maintenance, cleaning and inventory are up to the University housing standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and respond to maintenance requests from students in both residences and Independent apartments via in-person, email or by phone in a timely manner.
- Schedule maintenance appointments and communicate said appointments between the students and the providers.
- Liaise with other university offices and external service providers to ensure students receive full support for apartment use and maintenance.
- Liaise with external providers to ensure that all the apartments meet the JCU Housing standards.
- Work closely with cleaning and maintenance staff to ensure smooth and effective operations.
- Follow up with cleaning and maintenance staff to ensure daily tasks are completed.
- Participate in student check-in and check-out procedures (overtime required during these periods).
- Organize and maintain key inventory for all apartments and process replacement IDs and keys when necessary (updating records and student forms).
- Assist the Operations Coordinator in the managing and tracking of operational and maintenance duties.
- Provide general clerical support and data processing for the Operations Coordinator
- Maintain petty cash, receipts and supply orders
- Support other requested housing activities to ensure high levels of service standards and a safe living/learning environment
- Work closely with a team of Resident Assistants for support and training.
- Coordinate with the Housing Director and the Operations Coordinator for vacations, extra-time, days of leave, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Italian
- Working knowledge of databases (preferably BlackBaud)
- High level of organization, attention to detail, and planning skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Perform well under pressure
- Highly self-motivated and self-starter
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office and data management
- Good understanding of record-keeping and inventory control
- Ability to train and co-supervise student workers
- Familiar with emergency response procedures
All applicants MUST already be in possession of valid and current EU working documents in Italy. JCU cannot sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy for this position. Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “Housing Operations Associate”. The search will remain open until filled. While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.