Administrative / Staff Positions at JCU
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American university in Rome, Italy, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, or disability in any of its policies, programs, and services.
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American university in Rome, is searching for a candidate to fill the position of Reference and Instruction Librarian. The position entails providing instruction and reference services - according to the different levels of knowledge and skills required - to individuals and groups, students, staff and Faculty, developing and delivering services and tutorials that facilitate research and learning at the university.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops tailored classroom instruction in collaboration with Faculty
- Acts as a liaison for at least one Academic Department
- Contributes to the collection development and to the evaluation of the library resources
- Provides both traditional and online reference services including one-on-one research consultations
- Provides library orientation sessions to library patrons
- Uses the library content management system to develop online reference and instructional materials in collaboration with the Reference Librarians
- Contributes to maintain and improve the Library website
- Provides technical support for the learning management system Moodle
- Participates in the daily, nightly and weekend circulation shifts at the Welcome Desk
- Participates in professional conferences and workshops
- Participates in research projects aimed at identifying users' needs and expectations
Qualifications and Education requirements
- Must have an ALA equivalent MLS
- Minimum of two years’ experience in public services/instruction in an academic library
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, and experience in using content management systems (such as Moodle, Libguides)
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Must be available to work on weekends and at late hours when necessary.
All applicants MUST possess valid EU working documents in Italy. JCU will not sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy for this position. Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line "Reference and Instruction Librarian". While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The position will be open until filled, with application review commencing on July 1, 2019.
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American university in Rome, is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Front Office Assistant for a temporary Maternity Leave coverage. The Front Office Assistant is the main reference point for Students, Staff and Faculty, utilizing interactions with various departments in order to assist in finding the best solution for daily tasks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer multiline phone system, screen all calls, and take messages when necessary
- Send out all UPS packages, call for messenger pickup, and log all addresses for delivery and pickup
- Sort mail, packages and faxes for students, faculty and staff as they come in
- Call faculty/staff to alert them when their scheduled appointments arrive; ask for visitors’ ID; provide them a visitor pass and register them on the sign sheet in order to keep track of visitors on campus
- Post signs when classes are cancelled or rescheduled to notify students of such changes
- Order supplies when necessary
- Being the first face to be seen when entering the campus, you must be able to answer general questions regarding the University
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Work well under Stress and be able to be multi task
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude and be able to deal with different personality types.
- High attention to detail and organization
- Ensure “sense of arrival “ at John Cabot University
- Provide and ensure high-quality guest relations. Receive and resolve guest complaints in a manner consistent with University policy
- Encourage students to follow “steps” provided during Orientation and help them to be self-sufficient
- Lots of energy!
Mon – Thu: 4:00pm – 10:00pm
Fri: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
(Hours may change according to University needs)
All applicants MUST already be in possession of valid and current EU working documents in Italy. JCU cannot sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy for this position. Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “Front Office Assistant”. The search will remain open until filled. While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American liberal arts university in Rome, is seeking to fill the position of Immigration Services Assistant. The Assistant will work closely with the Immigration Services Office Staff regarding all office correspondence, immigration and visa procedures, and inquiries from prospective and current students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with collecting and handling all incoming students’ identification documents and liability forms (EU and NON-EU students) both through the online portal and in person
- Assist in chaperoning students’ with appointments to the Post Offices and central and local Questure
- Monitor and report on current students’ immigration compliance
- Assist in all aspects of the visa process
- Keep all office records up to date
- Assist with email correspondence with prospective and current students through a shared office email address in liaison with the other staff members
- Provide information on and assistance with codice fiscale, lost documents, and police reports
- Collaborate with other University offices as needed
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of all students’ records and documents
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (or Italian equivalent)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Advanced-level Excel and Outlook encouraged)
- Excellent written and verbal communications in both English and Italian
- High level of customer service skills
- Ability to think strategically and work in a team environment
- Strong analytical thinker, Self-starter with “can-do” attitude
- Knowledge in managing administrative work is a plus
All applicants MUST already be in possession of valid and current EU working documents in Italy. JCU cannot sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy for this position. Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “Immigration Office Assistant”. The search will remain open until filled. While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
John Cabot University is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Residence Director (RD). The Residence Director is a professional member of the Housing and Residence Life staff under the office of the Dean of Students. The Residence Director is responsible to live onsite in one of the JCU residences and respond to all in-housing students emergencies during evening and weekend hours too. Additionally, the RD will serve as a leadership role to assist in coordinating Residence Assistant duties and collaborating with Dean of Students, student life, housing, and residence life offices to render student support services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Emergency response
- Respond to in-housing students emergencies in collaboration with other JCU staff, ICTS Security, and local municipal services.
- Be available to respond, according to a scheduled on-call rotation, to evening emergencies that may require hospitalization, during which time the RD will either coordinate the visit with the JCU on-call doctor or with Salvator Mundi directly. In case of an immediate emergency, the RD will accompany the student to the ER/clinic personally and supervise treatment of care.
- Promptly and accurately, report students’ incidents and/or concerns and follow-up with tangential JCU offices to coordinate sequential care and support.
Residence Life and Housing Leadership
- Assist with the selection, supervision, training, and evaluation of Residence Assistants in their residences in collaboration with the Residence Life Office
- Supervise and perform the administrative responsibilities of a residence hall, including openings, move-ins, move-outs, closings, staffing the RA office at designated hours each day, and coordinate RA schedules. This also includes assisting with orientation
- Promote and institute University rules, regulations, and policies; i.e., conduct informal mediation with difficult roommates’ dynamics, document student misconduct and general student behavioral/policy violations, coordinate with the Dean of Students and Residence Life office on judicial matters
- Facilitate meetings regarding a student’s overconsumption of alcohol and poor decision making
- Act as a mediator between Resident Assistants and staff members
- Refer any unsatisfactory maintenance, custodial or health conditions as appropriate
JCU Community Engagement
- Work to support and promote campus activities, services, and resources in collaboration with the other tangential offices under Student Life, including but limited to the offices of Student Services, Community Service, and Immigration
- Participate, when needed, in other JCU large-scale events, like partner-program visits and graduation
- Perform well under pressure; crisis management and conflict resolution aptitude
- Understanding of high intensity situations including physical and emotional distress
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Italian with the ability to translate simultaneously from Italian to English and vice versa
- Experience with public speaking and/or workshop presentations
- Excellent customer service
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and planning skills
- Ability to multitask effectively and coordinate between multiple offices and/or invested partners
- Flexible working hours (hours may be irregular)
- Live in JCU housing
- Being on-call during weekends and long hours when required (especially during Orientation and Move-In)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Outlook)
- Preferably, take vacation outside of housing periods but circumstantial exceptions can be made for short-term leave, if necessary
- At least 1-year experience working in Residence Life or Student Affairs
- Must be highly self-motivated, flexible, and a team player
- Valid EU working documents in Italy
- Fluent English and Italian
Knowledge of Blackbaud and Maxient are considered a plus.
All applicants MUST already be in possession of valid and current EU working documents in Italy. JCU cannot sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy for this position. Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “Residence Director”. The search will remain open until filled. While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.