As an American liberal arts university located outside of the United States, JCU’s student body reflects our commitment to building an international academic community composed of both full-time degree-seeking students and visiting students that fosters intellectual tolerance, freedom, and integrity.
Bringing together Italian, American and international degree-seeking students with our visiting American students creates a unique student body that thrives in the open, international city of Rome.
JCU’s multilingual and culturally diverse community surrounds us with opportunities to observe, learn, and be innovative and creative. This community allows us to appreciate what it takes to collaborate with others who may seem different until we discover our commonalities. This will distinguish us as we enter into a world where transnational issues present an ever greater need for mutual understanding and civil discourse.
Total enrollment: 1285 for Spring Semester 2018 (Degree-seeking and Visiting students)
Degree-seeking: 712 students from over 75 countries
|Asia & Central Asia||4%|
Academic profile (Fall 2017):
- Italian high school degree students: maturità average of 83/100: 25th/75th percentile 74/95
- U.S. high school degree students: SAT 25th/75th percentile: Math 490/590; Writing 480/595
- International Baccalaureate (IB): average 29
- Total degree candidates retained from Fall 2017: 95%
Visiting students: 573
- 38 U.S. States: New England (13%), Mid-Atlantic (26%) South (12%), Midwest (32%), Far West (15%)
- Europe, Asia, and the rest of the world: (2%)
- Students come from 120 universities including major U.S. public and private institutions, and universities outside the U.S.
- Most popular fields are international business, international affairs, art history, economics, history, classics, finance, marketing, English literature, creative writing, and communications.
- Average cumulative home university GPA: 3.38/4.00
Last updated: March 2018, Office of the Dean