Study for Minor in Philosophy in Italy
How should we live? What is the mind, and the self? Can war or genetic engineering be justified? Can computers think? Are we free? Is abortion right or wrong? How do we know what is true?
If you ever think about questions like these, you are doing philosophy. From the deep questions of life to concrete cases and problems, philosophy is challenging, imaginative, and critical: it helps us to create, interpret, and analyze ideas, to think clearly, and to argue effectively. Students take these essential skills into careers ranging from business, medicine, law, and government to journalism, art, public relations, and technology.
Six courses with the PH prefix, including:
1. PH 101 Introduction to Philosophical Thinking
2. at least two 300-level PH courses
General Requirements for All Minors
1. No more than one grade of lower than a C- will be accepted in courses applying
to the minor.
2. In the case of multiple minors, no course may apply to more than one minor.
3. No more than two courses may apply to both the major and the minor.
4. At least four courses must be taken in residence at John Cabot.
5. Requirements for the minor must be completed by the time of graduation.