Learning Outcomes of the B.A. Degree in Classical Studies
- LOS 1: Identify, analyze and interpret major historical, cultural, philological and artistic developments of the ancient Mediterranean World.
- LOS 2: Analyze text, language, and material culture as primary sources, and contextualize these historically, socially, and culturally.
- LOS 3: Discern how developments in ancient Mediterranean art, language, literature, and thinking are shaped by dynamic social and cultural interactions and appreciate the impact of context and audience on historical interpretation of these factors.
- LOS 4: Apply methods, theories and techniques appropriate to the field, context and medium.
- LOS 5: Apply knowledge, insights, and perspectives drawn from multiple Classical Studies disciplines and source types to new contexts.
- LOS 6: Effectively and critically communicate ideas and information orally and in writing, and do so in response to primary and secondary sources.