Community Service Program
The Community Service Program’s slogan is: “I C-A-R-E!” which stands for the core values that we strive to implement: Community, Awareness, Respect and Empowerment. The Program offers many different service opportunities throughout the semester and also gives students the possibility to be awarded with an official Certificate of Participation for volunteering with our affiliated associations.
Mission and Goals
The Community Service Program’s objective is to build a caring community that is aware and respectful of the diverse realities that surround us. The Program is based on learning from these differences, and aims to enforce a give and take process: it seeks to empower the local Community by helping out in every possible way, but also aspires for students to be empowered through the volunteering opportunities.
- Increase students’ personal development and civic engagement
- Nurture a sense of social responsibility and global citizenship
- Increase understanding of the issues pertinent to the institutions with whom they work
- Integrate students in the Roman Community, as well as giving back to the locals that host JCU’s international student body
Certificate of Participation
The Community Service Program gives students the opportunity to receive an official Certificate of Participation they can include on their international resume. This certificate recognizes an individual’s dedication to volunteer work while at John Cabot University.
Requirements to receive the certificate:
- Volunteer a minimum of 15 hours throughout the semester with one or more of the organizations that JCU is affiliated with
- Attend at least a Community Service Lecture and a Community Service Workshop
For more information email [email protected]