Grassroots organizes film screenings, lectures, and outings to spread awareness about environmental issues among the JCU community and to promote the importance of being ecologically responsible.
Spring 2016 Event Schedule
Mondays, 12:45-1:30 pm, T.2.5 Tiber Campus
Gasland, February 17, 7:30 pm, G.G.1
Mission Blue, February 24, 7:30 pm, G.G.1
Food, Inc., April 5, time/place TBA
- May 2015 Trip to Abruzzo: Grassroots visited one of Italy's national parks, a protected area covering nearly 200 square miles of rugged, pristine land in the Central Apennines.
- Graduation 2015 gowns were made from 100% post-consumer plastic bottles.
- No disposable plates or utensils were used during the buffet dinner at Commencement 2015.
- All 4,550 invitations, announcements, and programs for the Commencement 2015 were printed on recycled paper.
- Trash from Commencement 2015 was recycled by the venue's staff.
- Spring 2015: Ecological bottles were offered to students made by tappiebottiglie.it out of BPA-free tritan plastic.
- Hike to Lubriano
- Spring 2015 Hiking trip with Il Club dei Camminanti
- November 2014 Sustainability Week: Grassroots organized guest speakers and vegan cooking classes for the first ever Sustainability Week at JCU.
Keep up-to-date on our events, like our Facebook page!