High School Collaboration
High School Collaboration for Italian Students
As an American institution of higher education in Rome, John Cabot University promotes interaction between an international academic community and its surroundings. JCU offers cultural resources and educational activities to Italian high school teachers and their students.
How to Write a CV and How to Prepare for a Job Interview
This course, created especially for Alternanza Scuola Lavoro/Work Related Study (ASL Dlg.107/15), is structured in 3 phases that can be completed in the months of April, May and June. This activity offers 17 hours for Alternanza Scuola Lavoro.
JCU’s English language reading and cultural exchange program, now in its 8th year, provides a variety of activities around a work of American literature. Description of activities available for Italy Reads for Alternanza Scuola Lavoro. This activity offers 2-75 hours for Alternanza Scuola Lavoro. Click here for more information.
Italy Writes (not currently available for ASL)
JCU’s national Creative Writing Contest for high school students whose primary language of instruction is not English. Since 2010, this contest has encouraged and recognized excellence in students developing their creative voice in the English language.
JCU’s Institute for Entrepreneurship offers this national, English-language pitching competition for Italian high-school students. Participating students will select a non-profit organization, study it and create a pitch to convince the audience to donate to its cause. This activity offers 10 hours for Alternanza Scuola Lavoro.
Italy Starts NEW
Peer-to-Peer Mentoring Program – A Business Mentoring Program in English
Participating JCU/partner university students (Mentors) will volunteer to be connected to Italian High School Students (Mentees) to solve real business problems or develop business models for their business or social venture idea. Mentees will be required to deliver a short PowerPoint presentation at the end of the program. This program is aimed at third and fourth-year students enrolled in Italian high schools as part of the Alternanza Scuola Lavoro program (40 hours).
Dates: Summer I 2018: Tuesday evenings 6:00-8:00 pm: May 22nd, May 29th, June 5th, June 12th and June 19th on the John Cabot University Campus.
Applications are now being accepted until places are filled.
High School Collaboration for Italian Teachers
Italy Reads 2018 "The Mystery of Writing: Teaching with Flannery O'Connor's Short Stories" - 30 hours, Thursdays, 4:30-6:00pm, 18 January - 3 May 2018. Instructors: Andrew Rutt and Elena Buia Rutt
"Information and Misinformation in a Fake News World" - 30 hours, Tuesdays, 4:30-6:00pm, 16 January - 3 May 2018. Instructor: Deanna Lee
Alternanza Scuola Lavoro
All or part of the above-listed programs (with the exception of the Italy Writes Program) can be included as part of the Alternanza Scuola Lavoro (Dlg.107/15) satisfying requirements for Italian high school students. Stipulation of the relevant Agreement between institutions and Advance registration are obligatory. The ASL Tutor at each school will receive a spreadsheet where the names of all students engaged in ASL at JCU activities for the academic year are to be listed. Please write to [email protected]
Italian high schools that have signed an Agreement with John Cabot University to participate in at least one of the activities offered for Alternanza Scuola Lavoro during the 2017-2018 Academic Year are:
- Istituto di Istruzione Superiore "Blaise Pascal", Pomezia
- Istituto di Istruzione Superiore "Croce Aleramo", Rome
- Istituto di Istruzione Superiore "Leonardo da Vinci", Maccarese
- Istituto di Istruzione Superiore "Margherita Hack", Morlupo
- Istituto di Istruzione Superiore "Pacinotti-Archimede", Rome
- Istituto di Istruzione Superiore "Via Silvestri 301", Rome
- Istituto Paritario "Gesù-Maria", Rome
- Liceo Classico "Luciano Manara", Rome
- Liceo Classico Linguistico "Immanuel Kant", Rome
- Liceo Classico Sperimentale Statale "Bertrand Russell", Rome
- Liceo Classico/Linguistico Statale "Tito Lucrezio Caro", Rome
- Liceo Ginnasio Statale "Augusto", Rome
- Liceo Ginnasio Statale "Dante Alighieri", Rome
- Liceo Statale "Vittorio Gassman", Rome
- Liceo Statale "Niccolò Machiavelli", Rome
- Liceo Scientifico "F. Sbordone", Naples
- Liceo Statale "Giuseppe Berto", Mogliano Veneto
- Liceo Ginnasio Statale "Benedetto da Norcia", Rome
- Liceo Ginnasio Statale "Virgilio", Rome
- Liceo Scientifico "Morgagni", Rome
- Liceo Scientifico dell'Istituto "Falletti di Barolo", Rome
- Liceo Scientifico Statale "Aristotele", Rome
- Liceo Scientifico Statale "Farnesina", Rome
- Liceo Scientifico Statale "Giovanni Keplero", Rome
- Liceo Scientifico Statale "Isacco Newton", Rome
- Liceo Scientifico Statale "Talete", Rome
- Liceo Scientifico Statale "Giuseppe Peano", Rome
- Liceo Statale "Montessori", Rome
- Liceo Statale "Vittoria Colonna", Rome
- Scuola S. Giuseppe al Casaletto, Rome
- Liceo Classico "Eugenio Montale", Rome
- Liceo Scientifico "J.F. Kennedy", Rome
- ISIS "Enrico de Nicola", Naples
- Liceo Classico e Linguistico Statale "Aristofane", Rome
- Liceo Scientifico Statale "Sandro Pertini", Ladispoli
- Liceo Statale "Leonardo da Vinci", Treviso
- Liceo Statale "Margherita di Savoia", Naples
|ASL at JCU activity||Number of students||ASL hours completed|
|Italy Reads* (offers from approximately 10 to 80 hrs./student for ASL)||433||5,361|
|Italy Pitches*(offers 10 hrs./student for ASL)||260||1,350|
|How to write a CV and How to Prepare for a Job Interview (offers 17 hrs./student for ASL)||630||11,789|
|*Only a portion of the total number of participants in this activity did so to earn ASL credit hours.|
A formal institutional agreement is obligatory. If your school is not listed above, write to [email protected].
If you are a high school teacher and would like to suggest an activity for your students under Alternanza Scuola Lavoro (Dlg.107/15), please write to us at [email protected] and we will consider the feasibility of your suggestion.