Graduate Application Consent and Documentation
Thank you for your interest in graduate study at John Cabot University. To be considered for admittance to John Cabot University, we ask that you fill out the application form below and submit any requested documents.
To begin your online application, please read and agree to the release below. If you refuse to consent, we will be unable to process your application. Please remember to enter your name and other information below as it appears on legal documents such as your passport, identification card, social security card, or driver's license. Should you wish to live on campus, please note that you must submit a separate application for JCU Housing.
Please contact the Office of Admissions at [email protected] should you have any questions.
Italian Law on Privacy
On the basis of Italian legislative decree n. 196 dated 30 June 2003 (hereinafter the "Privacy Code"), containing provisions concerning the protection of personal data, JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY, as the data controller, is required to issue instructions in relation to the use of the personal data of its students. The processing will be based on the principles of correctness, lawfulness and transparency together with the protection of the individual's privacy and rights.
1. Source of the personal data - The personal data in the possession of JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY has been obtained from the individual to which such personal data refers (hereinafter the "data subject"). The personal data can, furthermore, be obtained from third parties.
2. Categories of data subject to processing - For the purposes indicated below, JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY processes personal data, such as, for example: name; address or other personal identification elements; information concerning the level of education and knowledge of languages; information concerning the student's accommodation while attending the university courses. JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY, furthermore, in the course of its activity, can also process sensitive data including, as an example, information that would permit the disclosure of the ethnic origin of the student, information relative to a handicap or health problem (allergies, etc.). It is to be noted that on the basis of article 4 of the Privacy Code, this data is "the personal data allowing the disclosure of racial or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or other beliefs, political opinions, membership of parties, trade unions, associations or organizations of a religious, philosophical, political or trade-unionist character, as well as personal data disclosing health and sex life").
3. Purpose and method of processing - The personal data in the possession of JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY is processed for purposes relating to the programming and carrying out of its academic activity. With regard to the aforesaid purposes, the processing of personal data is done utilizing instruments of a manual, electronic or automated nature, in accordance with a logic strictly related to the aforesaid purposes and, in all events, in such a way as to guarantee the security and privacy of the data in question.
4. Data Controller and data processor - The data controller for the personal data covered by this information is JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY. The data processor for the personal data is the Director of Admissions.
5. Sphere of communication of the personal data and those who can become aware of the same - For the purposes indicated under point 3 above, JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY may communicate the personal data to insurance and social security entities, the public administration, external consultants. The personal data may, furthermore, be communicated to the US Mailing Address of JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY, One Metro Center, 700 12th Street NW, Suite 700, Washington DC 20005, and to other external consultants charged with maintenance of the IT systems.
6. Nature of the conferring of personal data and the consequences of a refusal to reply with regard to the aforesaid purposes, the processing and the communication of your personal data do not require consent in those cases in which the processing and the communication are necessary to fulfill the obligations deriving from a contract or imposed by the law, by regulations or by EU legislation. With regard to the other purposes, the conferring of personal data is optional; however, refusal to provide the same will be evaluated by the data controller on a case-by-case basis and will determine the related consequences which will be connected to the importance of the data requested vis à vis the management of the relationship with the student.
7. Rights of the data subject - Finally, we inform you that the provisions concerning the protection of personal data allow the data subject to exercise specific rights towards the data controller, on the basis of article 7 of the legislative decree n. 196/2003.
Having reviewed the information provided by JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY on the basis of article 13 of the legislative decree n. 196/2003 and the rights recognized under article 7 of the aforesaid decree:
I give my consent for the processing, communication, and transfer of my personal data to the subjects indicated above as required to undertake the operations of the application process.