Orientation week is designed to help you smoothly transition to life at John Cabot University and the city of Rome.
The mission of the Orientation Program (OP) is to provide new incoming students and their families with an introduction to John Cabot University in order to allow a successful transition into the JCU community as well as to life in Rome. To do this, Orientation offers a combination of both educational and interactive sessions.
Orientation Program Goals
For incoming students:
- To assist incoming students in their integration to the institution and the city of Rome;
- To clarify expectations, policies, and standards;
- To foster adjustment to the social life of the university and to life in Rome;
- To foster active involvement in Student and Academic life at JCU;
- To build loyalty to the institution.
For the families of the incoming students:
- To clarify and reinforce campus policies, programs, and services;
- To support and foster active engagement in the student's college experience;
- To offer a platform to begin involvement in the JCU community.
Orientation Dates and Schedules*
Summer I 2017 - Wednesday, May 17 to Saturday, May 20
Summer II 2017 - Thursday, June 29 to Saturday, July 1
Fall 2017 - Tuesday, August 22 to Saturday, August 26
- Degree Seeking
- Study Abroad (from Wednesday, August 23 to Saturday, August 26)
- Freshmen programs - University of Delaware World Scholars
- Freshmen programs - University of Southern California – TTP
- Freshmen programs - University of Southern California – Spring Admits
- Freshmen programs - Northeastern University
- MA Orientation Schedule
- Family Orientation Session (English)
- Family Orientation Session (Italian)
*Please note that the University reserves the right to modify the schedule as needed.
Please be sure to check out these important links before Orientation: