Orientation week is designed to help you smoothly transition to life at John Cabot University and the city of Rome.
The mission of the Orientation Program (OP) is to provide new incoming students and their families with an introduction to John Cabot University in order to allow a successful transition into the JCU community as well as to life in Rome. To do this, Orientation offers a combination of both educational and interactive sessions.
Orientation Program Goals
For incoming students:
- To assist incoming students in their integration to the institution and the city of Rome;
- To clarify expectations, policies, and standards;
- To foster adjustment to the social life of the university and to life in Rome;
- To foster active involvement in Student and Academic life at JCU;
- To build loyalty to the institution.
For the families of the incoming students:
- To clarify and reinforce campus policies, programs, and services;
- To support and foster active engagement in the student's college experience;
- To offer a platform to begin involvement in the JCU community.
Orientation Dates and Schedules
Please note that the University reserves the right to modify the schedule as needed.
|SUMMER I 2018||SUMMER II 2018||FALL 2018|
|Wednesday, May 16 - Saturday May 19||Thursday, June 28 - Saturday, June 30||Tuesday, August 28 - Saturday, September 1||Wednesday, August 29 - Saturday, September 1|
Freshmen Study Abroad Programs*
*N.U.in Program at Northeastern University, Tulane University Freshmen, University of Delaware World Scholars, and USC.
Please be sure to check out these important links before Orientation: