Preparing Course Documents
Translating and Collecting Your Documents for the Consulate
Aside from requesting the Apostille from the Delaware Department of Education, you will need to:
- Download and fill out the Request for Verification of Scholastic and Academic Degrees
- Translate your Transcripts into Italian
- Translate your Degree into Italian
- Translate the Apostille affixed on the back of your Diploma and of your transcripts
a) When translating your transcripts please refer to our TRANSCRIPT TEMPLATE. Fill in the missing information according to what was your academic curriculum at
JCU. Copy the semester grid as many times as you need it, so you cover all of your
semesters/summer sessions at JCU.
b) When translating your Diploma please refer to our DIPLOMA TEMPLATE. Fill in the missing information according to what was your academic curriculum at JCU. Delete what you don't need.
c) When translating the Apostille of your Diploma please refer to our DIPLOMA APOSTILLE TEMPLATE. Fill in the missing information according to what your academic curriculum at JCU was.
d) When translating the Apostille of your Diploma please refer to our TRANSCRIPT APOSTILLE TEMPLATE. Fill in the missing information according to what your academic curriculum at JCU was.
SENDING THE DOCUMENTS TO THE CONSULATE
Along with the Apostilles (Diploma and Transcripts) and with the Translations, of the Diploma and of the Transcripts, and of the Apostilles, remember to include:
- A photocopy of your passport;
- Another copy of your official Transcripts: since the Transcript with the Apostille is not in a sealed envelope, the Consulate also requests for you to send a second
official transcript, without an Apostille but in a sealed envelope;
Please contact the Office of the Registrar to request this second Transcript (it would be preferable for you to request it when you order the transcript for the Apostille): [email protected]
- A cover letter which should include your name, your email address and phone number in case the Consulate has questions for you; the address where you wish to receive the Dichiarazione di Valore.
The student is in charge of the return shipping fee.
Shipping within the US: if you want the documents to be sent to an address in the US, you should include a prepaid envelope.
Shipping outside the US: if you wish to have the documents returned outside the US, since no payments can
be processed by the Consulate, you will be required to provide a PREPAID RETURN LABEL
issued by a courier service (such as FedEx, UPS or similar). Only with the prepaid
return label the Consulate will be able to send you back the documents.
The Address of the Italian Consulate of Philadelphia:
Italian Consulate of Philadelphia
Consolato Generale d'Italia
150 South Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
e-mail: [email protected]
SEND US YOUR FEEDBACK: We would be happy to hear back from you with any comments and suggestions regarding the process. Please help us help JCU Alumni obtain their Dichiarazione di Valore in the quickest and smoothest possible way! Write to: [email protected].