Any innovative, forward thinking organization can participate: startups, small businesses, international companies and nonprofit organizations. The program can be summarized in four easy steps:
- Matching: the key pieces of the puzzle - the organization that acts as client, the professor and the hosting class - are matched; the process may be initiated by professors themselves, using their own contacts, by organizations that are interested in this kind of project, or by IFE, tapping on its network.
- Briefing: one or more representatives of the organization brief the class, providing goals and scope of the project.
- Work: students are organized into teams and, guided by their professor, work on the project.
- Presentation: the teams present their analysis and the organization selects the winning project.
Type of Projects
The projects come in multiple flavors, the only constraint being that they must be contained within the time frame of a semester or summer session. Projects will be selected on the basis of their scope and educational value. Examples include:
- Beta testing of applications
- Communication campaigns
- Environmental analysis
- Forecasting and scenario analysis
- Internationalization plan
- Market research
- Marketing plan
- Product design
- Promotion and advertising strategy
- Segmentation, targeting, positioning
- Social responsibility, employee, or environmental policies
- Strategic planning
- Visual communication and branding (logos, images, brochure)
- Website development
Check out some sample cases!