Administrative/Staff Opportunities at JCU
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American university in Rome, Italy, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, or disability in any of its policies, programs, and services.
John Cabot University has created the JCU Institute for Entrepreneurship (IFE), to encourage and support entrepreneurship through education, training, and networking, and to provide resources and ancillary services.
The Institute is looking for a candidate for the full-time position of Associate. The Associate will be responsible for the implementation of IFE initiatives, the management of the social media presence, and the administrative aspects of the Institute.
The successful candidate should expect to engage in the following activities:
* Writing and mailing the Newsletter
* Updating and enhancing the Website
* Promoting the Institute's activities on the social media (website, bulletin boards, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
* Liaising with other offices in the university to produce photos and videos of the various events
* Maintaining part of the correspondence
* Creating brochures and other marketing material as needed
* Researching and promoting entrepreneurship news
* Conducting interviews and writing articles
The successful candidate will be responsible for the impeccable planning and implementation of the Institute's events; this will include:
* Coordinating with other offices to organize the logistics of each event
* Promoting and communicating the events
* Interacting with speakers to ensure the event is well prepared and smoothly run
* Collecting information and monitoring attendance and participant satisfaction
* Maintaining orderly records
* Maintaining and updating IFE databases
* Creating reports and presentations
* Updating the Procedures Manual
* Liaising with the Finance Office for administrative issues such as purchase orders and reimbursements
The successful candidate should have most of the following characteristics:
* Two years' working experience
* Demonstrated competence in event organization
* Exposure to social media management
* Ability to communicate visually
* Proven oral and written business communication skills in English and Italian
* Strong people skills and ability to smooth problems
* A Communications, Marketing or Business background
* Familiarity with the manipulation of contact data (Outlook and Excel)
* Ability to work in an unstructured environment
* Manic attention to detail
* Initiative, reliability and enthusiasm
IT skills: the successful candidate should expect to work with the full MS Office package, Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Canva, Bitly, Facebook Business, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, and Google Forms.
All applicants MUST possess valid EU working documents in Italy. JCU will not sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy for this position. Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line "IFE Associate". While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.