Administrative/Staff Opportunities at JCU
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American university in Rome, Italy, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, or disability in any of its policies, programs, and services.
John Cabot University is accepting applications for the role of Executive Director of Operations and Finance.
The Executive Director of Operations and Finance of John Cabot University (JCU) will work in close collaboration with the Director of Finance in leading the University’s operational and financial matters and is responsible to the President for all business, fiscal and operational affairs of the University. Working in support of the mission and goals of the University, she/he reports directly to the President and provides vision, leadership and operational oversight for a department that encompasses the financial operations, general accounting and budgeting, financial reporting, plant operations (including capital project management), purchasing, insurance and risk management, information technology, campus safety and security, and auxiliary services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the President in carrying out the mission and strategic goals of the University in the area of operations and finance. Responsible for development and attainment of short and long range operational plan and goals and objectives for finance and operations in support of the University’s strategic plan.
- Assume a strong role in strategic planning to ensure appropriate allocation of resources to support JCU’s mission priorities, providing the vision and creative.
- In close collaboration with the Director of Finance, provide leadership over all business and financial operations including internal controls, accounting and financial operations, budgeting, plant operations, purchasing, human resources, information technology, public safety and auxiliary support services (including direct communication with public authorities and legal consultants).
- Advise the President in shaping institutional fiscal policies and planning, management and long-range master planning, acting as operations management engineer, along with the Director of Finance.
- Serve as a member of the President's Executive Council, participate with the President and Executive Council in planning and policy development for the University.
- Serve as the primary liaison with the Budget and Finance and Audit committees of the JCU Board of Trustees, creating operational and financial reports, as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with University, US regional accrediting body (Middle States Association), and Italian state federal policies, guidelines and laws.
- Provide executive leadership for capital projects.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of U.S. higher education business and financial operations.
- Knowledge of accounting, payroll, budget analysis, purchasing, contracts and grants, physical plant, campus safety and security and personnel administration.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University Community, the Board of Trustees, and the public.
- Ability to develop both short-term and long-term plans for the areas under direct supervision to successfully complete University goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, management and organizational skills.
- Proven interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to develop and interpret policies.
- Ability to manage, plan and coordinate technical activities while making sound decisions, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines on a regular basis by effectively managing own time and delegation to subordinates.
- Ability to effectively supervise personnel and complete all associated personnel actions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Pragmatic and not afraid to contribute directly to the practical (hands-on) needs of the University.
- Master's degree or laurea, preferably in Business, Finance, Operations Management/Engineering, or the equivalent in work experience.
- Strong background in business, accounting and operational management, extensive experience in financial systems applications.
- Language fluency in both Italian and English highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with computerized information and financial/operational systems and their use in analysis and reporting, preferably in a US higher education environment.
- Experience developing administrative operating procedures and regulations, demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects.
- A high energy level and an entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving, both individually and as a team.
- High standards of professional conduct, professional discretion, integrity and good judgment, with the ability to maintain confidentiality, and ability to establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board of Trustees as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
Please send your (English only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line "Executive Director of Operations and Finance". Please note that, while we appreciate every application received, only short-listed applicants will be contacted by the University. The position will remain open until filled. Telephone calls to JCU’s administrative offices may not accepted nor be returned, as communication at the first level will be conducted via email.
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American university in Rome, is looking for a candidate to fill the position of Front Office Assistant. The Front Office Assistant must be English mother tongue (or the equivalent), and will be responsible for performing a wide variety of clerical/administrative activities related to the general office as directed by the Supervisor. Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting professors at each change of class with PCs and projectors, coordinating cleaning and security staff, welcoming visitors and suppliers, serving as pick-up point for readers/photocopies for students, managing gadgets, maintaining and updating inventory. The position also entails following special research projects as requested by academic and administrative departments, and assisting in the logistics of events.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to follow instructions, to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, work cordially with others in a team setting, be flexible, work well under stress and maintain a positive attitude, and must be computer literate.
All applicants must possess valid EU working documents in Italy.
Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “Front Office Assistant”. While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.