Administrative/Staff Opportunities at JCU
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American university in Rome, Italy, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, or disability in any of its policies, programs, and services.
Under the direction of the Dean of Students, the Director of Housing and Residential Life works in liaison with the Student Affairs team.
Job responsibilities by area of work:
Direct staff and provide leadership to achieve goals and vision of the university.
- Ensure office coverage and completion of all activities relevant to the student experience.
- Participate in the hiring of professional staff and coordinate their training, establish their work assignments, and provide guidance and technical work direction as required.
- Serve as the direct supervisor for the Housing Operations Coordinator, Housing Administrative Coordinator, and Residential Life Coordinators.
- This responsibility includes meeting with staff to provide supervision and address performance, facilitating staff meetings within the housing office.
Administrative and Operational:
Serve as the liaison between facilities and assignments to ensure efficient use of university resources and provide students with high quality service.
- Keep current on industry best practices and technological innovations as related to housing operations and notify management of opportunities, and makes recommendations on process improvements.
- Manage and participate in daily administrative operations of university housing including move-in and move-out and managing all data necessary for internal operational needs (eg. reporting housing trends).
- Oversee the collection, management and tracking of student housing data, ensuring data integrity and timely communication to relevant offices
- Coordinate the regular review, revision and implementation of the housing contract and policies and regulations together with the University.
- Develop plans that effectively communicate the steps a student must complete to successfully apply for housing. Coordinate all educational materials for the housing assignment processes including liaising with admissions and monitoring the information available on the website.
Manage the administrative, programmatic and student development aspects of a quality residence life program, including; policy formation; crisis intervention; student conduct; facility management; security; and resident retention.
- Keep current on industry best practices and technological innovations as related to residential life and notify management of opportunities, and makes recommendations on process improvements.
- Assess and evaluate the overall housing program effectiveness to ensure its alignment with the University’s vision for residential living. Implement improvements and modifications to housing processes and procedures to improve the overall student housing experience.
- Provide supervision and support to the Residential Life staff
- Oversee housing staff on-call process and ensure adequate coverage in case of emergencies.
- Serve as the authority in student conduct matters within the residential context, referring cases to the Assistant Dean of Students as necessary.
- Serve as a backup for the Assistant Dean of Students and provide support and supervision for the staff who serve in the emergency on-call rotation for Housing and Residence Life. Liaise as appropriate with parents and families of students who are involved in crisis situations.
Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the residential experience of students and to ensure that daily responsibilities are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Meet regularly with the Dean of Students to keep her abreast of developments in housing and residential life
- Cultivate and sustain rapport and collaborative relationships with other University representatives and internal staff in order to work creatively and collaboratively with colleagues throughout the University to meet housing needs.
- Coordinate and participate in short- and long-term planning with various University and community interests in housing-related matters.
- Participate in the development of strategic plans in regards to student housing and related support services. Formulate and recommend internal administrative policies, guidelines and procedures to support the plans.
- Partner with the Marketing Department and Web Updates to be in line with the University’s promotional material on housing targeted to students, parents and partners.
All applicants MUST possess valid EU working documents in Italy. JCU will not sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy for this position. Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “Director of Housing and Residential Life”. While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The Housing Administration Associate will work in collaboration with the Administrative part of the Office of Housing and Residential Life supporting the clerical aspect of housing at John Cabot University. The Associate will assist in maintaining all applicant and student files up-to-date and will be the support person in managing data and contractual documents.
The Associate will work closely with the Housing & Residential Life Office Staff and the Director of Housing regarding all office correspondence, housing assignments and inquiries from prospective, current and former students.
The Associate will also work closely with a team of Resident Assistants to support the overall mission of the office.
Daily tasks and responsibilities
- Process housing applications for degree seeking and visiting students as well as other contractual documents
- Manage email correspondence with prospective, current and past students through the office email address in liaison with the other staff members
- Carry out written correspondence in English and Italian with prospective students and study abroad offices of agreement schools
- Carry out written correspondence in Italian with a variety of local service providers
- Work with the Housing & Residential Life Office team to manage the front desk operations, handle phone inquiries and walk-in traffic
- Assist with contributions to Office of Housing & Residence Life communications and literature
- Build and maintain relationships with other University offices in order to enhance JCU’s relationship with our partner study abroad offices
- Support the Office of Housing and Residential Life with student orientation
- Provide supervision and clerical support for the Resident Assistant Program
- Provide general support for the office staff in regards to office clerical duties
- Communicate information to supervisor and others as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of databases (preferably Blackbaud)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Outlook and Access encouraged)
- Good understanding of Social Media
- Excellent email and verbal communications
- Monday-Friday 9am-6pm including a lunch break.
- Full time/Rotational shifts including Saturday and some Holidays
- Overtime required during orientation preparations and student move-in and move-out.
All applicants MUST possess valid EU working documents in Italy. JCU will not sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy for this position. Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “Housing Administrative Associate”. While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.