Administrative/Staff Opportunities at JCU
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American university in Rome, Italy, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, or disability in any of its policies, programs, and services.
John Cabot University seeks an IT Help Desk Technician to provide front line, first level support. Under the supervision of the IT Specialists, and as an integral part of a team of IT administration and support, the position entails direct contact with student, faculty, and staff in troubleshooting any IT issue that may arise on campus.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all lab equipment is functioning.
- Install new computer hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot computer, printer, hardware and software problems.
- Provide constant front-line (help-desk) support to staff, faculty and students, and backup support to IT personnel.
- Applicant must be native English speaker or fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Possess valid EU working documents in Italy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Work well under pressure and be able to adapt to a changing environment.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic individual with multitasking capabilities who is
able to prioritize tasks depending on the situation, and must be committed, kind,
available, and able to interact in a cheerful, respectful, and professional way with
professors, students, and fellow staff.
Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required, and knowledge of Italian is preferred.
All applicants must possess valid EU working documents in Italy. JCU cannot sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy for this position.
Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “IT Help Desk Technician”. While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.