Administrative/Staff Opportunities at JCU
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American university in Rome, Italy, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, or disability in any of its policies, programs, and services.
This position assists the Office of the Registrar in managing and communicating academic procedures and policies for enrolled students. In coordination with and under the supervision of the Registrar, the Registrar’s Office Assistant manages the front line of the daily operations of the Office, responding to questions and concerns and providing customer service to students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of student academic records (filing and data entry)
- Assists in the coordination of degree seeking students’ registration (space availability, files, faculty’s schedules, student enrollment)
- Provides enrollment services (letters of enrollment, online registration, certifications, grade collection/recording)
- Assists with graduation and Commencement preparation and execution
- Issues Transcripts on a daily basis and at the completion of each semester/summer session
- Regulates federal compliance insuring institutional accountability (FERPA and Italian Privacy Laws)
- Provides the Dean’s Office with enrollment information, student information and academic information from the University database (Blackbaud) Training will be provided by the Office of the Registrar staff.
- Organizes Advising for both new incoming students and current students
- Assists in Orientation (placement exams, coordination, presentations)
- Set up of an Advising “center” within the office to provide students with general academic information
Good computer and internet skills, good knowledge of the Italian language, excellent written and communication skills, ability to work in a multicultural environment, must be precise and able to multi-task, be a team player and have excellent attention to detail.
Must be customer service oriented, proactive, and willing to take initiative.
Mother tongue English, some knowledge of Italian, and US undergraduate degree preferred.
Must be willing to work on weekends when necessary.
Office Hours: MON-FRI 9AM-6PM
All applicants MUST possess valid EU working documents in Italy. JCU will not sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy for this position. Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Registrar’s Office Assistant". While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.