Administrative/Staff Opportunities at JCU
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American university in Rome, Italy, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, or disability in any of its policies, programs, and services.
John Cabot University is accepting applications for the role of Executive Director of Operations and Finance.
The Executive Director of Operations and Finance of John Cabot University (JCU) will work in close collaboration with the Director of Finance in leading the University’s operational and financial matters and is responsible to the President for all business, fiscal and operational affairs of the University. Working in support of the mission and goals of the University, she/he reports directly to the President and provides vision, leadership and operational oversight for a department that encompasses the financial operations, general accounting and budgeting, financial reporting, plant operations (including capital project management), purchasing, insurance and risk management, information technology, campus safety and security, and auxiliary services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the President in carrying out the mission and strategic goals of the University in the area of operations and finance. Responsible for development and attainment of short and long range operational plan and goals and objectives for finance and operations in support of the University’s strategic plan.
- Assume a strong role in strategic planning to ensure appropriate allocation of resources to support JCU’s mission priorities, providing the vision and creative.
- In close collaboration with the Director of Finance, provide leadership over all business and financial operations including internal controls, accounting and financial operations, budgeting, plant operations, purchasing, human resources, information technology, public safety and auxiliary support services (including direct communication with public authorities and legal consultants).
- Advise the President in shaping institutional fiscal policies and planning, management and long-range master planning, acting as operations management engineer, along with the Director of Finance.
- Serve as a member of the President's Executive Council, participate with the President and Executive Council in planning and policy development for the University.
- Serve as the primary liaison with the Budget and Finance and Audit committees of the JCU Board of Trustees, creating operational and financial reports, as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with University, US regional accrediting body (Middle States Association), and Italian state federal policies, guidelines and laws.
- Provide executive leadership for capital projects.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of U.S. higher education business and financial operations.
- Knowledge of accounting, payroll, budget analysis, purchasing, contracts and grants, physical plant, campus safety and security and personnel administration.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University Community, the Board of Trustees, and the public.
- Ability to develop both short-term and long-term plans for the areas under direct supervision to successfully complete University goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, management and organizational skills.
- Proven interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to develop and interpret policies.
- Ability to manage, plan and coordinate technical activities while making sound decisions, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines on a regular basis by effectively managing own time and delegation to subordinates.
- Ability to effectively supervise personnel and complete all associated personnel actions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Pragmatic and not afraid to contribute directly to the practical (hands-on) needs of the University.
- Master's degree or laurea, preferably in Business, Finance, Operations Management/Engineering, or the equivalent in work experience.
- Strong background in business, accounting and operational management, extensive experience in financial systems applications.
- Language fluency in both Italian and English highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with computerized information and financial/operational systems and their use in analysis and reporting, preferably in a US higher education environment.
- Experience developing administrative operating procedures and regulations, demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects.
- A high energy level and an entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving, both individually and as a team.
- High standards of professional conduct, professional discretion, integrity and good judgment, with the ability to maintain confidentiality, and ability to establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board of Trustees as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
Please send your (English only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line "Executive Director of Operations and Finance". Please note that, while we appreciate every application received, only short-listed applicants will be contacted by the University. The position will remain open until filled. Telephone calls to JCU’s administrative offices may not accepted nor be returned, as communication at the first level will be conducted via email.
John Cabot University, a regionally accredited American university in Rome, is looking for a candidate to fill the position of Admissions Counselor. The Admissions Counselor will be responsible for advising prospective students and their families and helping to guide them through the application, admissions and enrollment process. The Admissions Counselor will work with students throughout the cycle from their initial inquiry into studying at JCU, through submitting their completed application and the admissions decision, and will continue to work with the students until their arrival on campus.
The Admissions Counselor's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Reach out and follow up with prospective students and their families via phone, email and social media.
- Serve as the main point of contact for prospective students and families to answer questions and ensure timely and appropriate admissions information is provided to applicants as they move through the enrollment cycle.
- Review applications, evaluate credentials, and participate in making admission decisions.
- Process forms, records and reports associated with daily operations of the Admissions office, using BlackBaud, MS Word and Excel.
- Provide information and guidance regarding study visas and other logistical issues for students coming from the US.
- Host on-campus visitors, conduct campus tours, participate in open houses and new student orientation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and at least one year of work experience, preferably in a marketing or sales function or comparable
- Demonstrated knowledge of University admissions, recruitment, and outreach processes, actual working experience in the field is considered a strong plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills, a team-oriented attitude, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and sensitivity to tight deadlines
- Highly organized, energetic, creative, and resilient
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (MS Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Proficiency with integrated data management systems such as BlackBaud, PeopleSoft, etc. considered a strong plus
- Excellent data entry skills
- Understanding and appreciation of JCU's mission and values
- Ability to work some evening and/or weekends
All applicants MUST possess valid EU working documents in Italy. JCU will not sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy for this position. Please send your (ENGLISH only) CV and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line "Admissions Counselor". While we appreciate every application received, note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.