This minor is open to all students interested in entrepreneurship and seriously considering working in a start-up or a family business once they graduate, regardless of major. Students wishing to work towards a Minor in entrepreneurship will meet with the Director of the JCU Institute for Entrepreneurship who, based on the student's objectives, will recommend four elective courses that, together with the two mandatory ones, will create a logical progression towards defining a targeted entrepreneurial competency; the four elective courses will provide specific business tools and/or insight in the student's field of interest. The student's Advisor will review the recommended program and, if in agreement, shall formally authorize the student's enrolment in the minor (using the minor in entrepreneurship authorization form, downloadable from the internet).
The following is an indicative but by no means exhaustive list of courses that may fulfill the requirements of the minor:
General Requirements for All Minors
1. No more than one grade of lower than a C- will be accepted in courses applying to the minor.
2. In the case of multiple minors, no course may apply to more than one minor.
3. No more than two courses may apply to both the major and the minor.
4. At least four courses must be taken in residence at John Cabot.
5. Requirements for the minor must be completed by the time of graduation.