Minor in Entrepreneurship in Italy
This minor is open to all students interested in entrepreneurship and seriously considering working in a start-up or a family business once they graduate, regardless of major. Students wishing to work towards a Minor in entrepreneurship will meet with the Director of the JCU Institute for Entrepreneurship who, based on the student's objectives, will recommend four elective courses that, together with the two mandatory ones, will create a logical progression towards defining a targeted entrepreneurial competency; the four elective courses will provide specific business tools and/or insight in the student's field of interest. The student's Advisor will review the recommended program and, if in agreement, shall formally authorize the student's enrollment in the minor (using the minor in entrepreneurship authorization form, downloadable from the internet).
- BUS 305 Introduction to Entrepreneurship (Junior Standing)
- Four courses with strong entrepreneurial relevance, to be recommended by the Director of the JCU Institute for Entrepreneurship and approved by the student's Advisor
- BUS 410 Strategic Decisions in Entrepreneurship (Prerequisites: Junior standing, BUS 305)
The remaining four courses will be selected together with the Director of the Institute for Entrepreneurship, taking into account the student's strengths, interests and objectives for the major.
General Requirements for All Minors
1. No more than one grade of lower than a C- will be accepted in courses applying
to the minor.
2. In the case of multiple minors, no course may apply to more than one minor.
3. No more than two courses may apply to both the major and the minor.
4. At least four courses must be taken in residence at John Cabot.
5. Requirements for the minor must be completed by the time of graduation.