Requirements for all our Bachelor's Degrees in Italy
- English: All students must demonstrate English proficiency by completing EN 110 Advanced Composition with a grade of C or above. New students will be placed in EN 103, EN 105, or EN 110, on the basis of the University’s English Composition Placement Examination, and must take Composition courses until this requirement is satisfied.
- Mathematics: All students must demonstrate proficiency in Mathematics by completing MA 101 Algebra or MA100 Finite Mathematics, with a grade of C- or above. Students who are enrolled or plan to enroll in the Business Administration Major are required to take MA 101 Algebra. Other students have the option of choosing between MA 101 and MA 100. New students may be exempted from this requirement on the basis of the University’s Mathematics Placement Examination; otherwise they must take MA 101 or MA 100 during their first semester of attendance and until this requirement is satisfied.
- Foreign Language: All students must demonstrate foreign language proficiency equivalent to a year of study in a foreign language with a written literature. Students with a national secondary education credential in a language other than English will be considered to have satisfied this requirement
GENERAL DISTRIBUTION REQUIREMENTS
- English Literature: Two courses in English literature, one of which may be replaced by a course in comparative or dramatic literature in English translation. (These courses must have EN 110 as a prerequisite.)
- Mathematics and Science: Two courses in mathematics, natural science or computer science. (MA100 and MA101 do not fulfill this requirement.)
- Social Sciences, Humanities and Fine Arts: Seven courses distributed as follows:
a. Social Sciences - at least two courses in Communications, Economics, Political Science or Psychology.
b. Humanities - at least two courses in History, Literature, Philosophy or Religion.
c. Fine Arts - at least one course in Art History, Creative Writing, Dramatic Literature, Music, Studio Art or Theater.
No course may be used to satisfy more than one General Distribution Requirement.