Guidelines for Submitting News and Events to the JCU Website
The Office of Web Communications is always looking for news and events to post on the website and kindly asks that the JCU community follow the guidelines below in order to ensure that important information is being shared.
In order to be publicized on the website, your event must have the official approval of the Special Projects and Events Office.
Once your event has been approved, please provide firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information at least one week prior to the date:
- Event details: who, what, when, where, why, how? Include speakers’ biographical information and relevant photos.
- RSVP information
- Indication of whether the event is open to the public or just the JCU community
- Official JCU invitation or poster
Once an event is over, it does not magically turn into a news item on the website! If you believe that the event you are organizing is newsworthy, please:
- Ensure that someone reliable is going to do a write up and take photos.
- Contact email@example.com if you believe the event should be featured in the homepage image gallery.
If you have interesting news about JCU, we want to hear from you! Again, details are important so please provide:
- A brief article that answers the questions: who, what, when, where, why, how?.
Always use firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check facts and double-check the spelling of names and places. We are happy to copyedit the piece and make it more web-friendly, but please submit it in the best possible shape.
- Provide names of photographers so we can credit them.
- Identify people in photos.
NOTE FOR FACULTY
If you have a new publication, present a paper at a conference, are interviewed in the press, etc., please let us know! Make sure to include all relevant information, including abstracts and links.
QUESTIONS?: Ask email@example.com
Thanks for your cooperation!
Berenice Cocciolillo and Riccardo Pugliese
JCU Office of Web Communications